Hacking my DSTT keeps freezing on me?

foewunfyve23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i start the dstt its fine.... but when i pick the game and when it loads theres a white or black screen.... it keeps on freezing on me.... but sometimes it works and then later it fails on me....what should i do? do you think i have the right files i need for my dstt....

abrack08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, check the slot where you put in the SD Card. If the slot has rounded edges, then don't worry about it, but if the slot has straight edges, then you've got a fake card. If you tell whoever you've ordered it from that yours is fake, they SHOULD send you a real one. If you're having trouble telling, check either the ndstt website, or the "how to tell if your DSTT is a fake" thread on this board to compare pictures, you may have to open up your DSTT to tell for sure though.

Okay, taking what you now should know about your card being fake or not:

QUOTE said:
To set up your (possibly fake) DSTT for the first time, follow these directions:

1. Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html
2. Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://www.ndstt.com/download.html
3. Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.
4. Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086
5. Copy TTMENU.DAT from the archive to your microSD card (that version has the fake-killer code disabled). Optional: copy DsttFlashChecker.nds to your microSD card.
6. Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.
7. Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.
8. Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.
9. You should see a menu with your games and the DsttFlashChecker program listed (if you installed it). You can run DsttFlashChecker if you installed it to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT.
10. You should be able to run your games now. Always keep the following in mind:
* Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
* Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
* Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
* Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
* Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.

If you're experiencing problems or think you've run fake-killer firmware on it:

1. Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html
2. Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4476
3. Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.
4. Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086
5. Copy all four files from the archive to your microSD card.
6. Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.
7. Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.
8. Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.
9. Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT.
10. You should be able to run your games now. You can delete DsttFlashChecker.nds, DsttFlashWriter.nds, and DSTTDUMP.BIN from your microSD card if you want.
11. Always keep the following in mind:
* Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
* Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
* Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
* Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
* Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.

If that doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem. You should return your flash cart where you got it from. There is no good way to fix a contact or other hardware problem.

-Bri

This is Bri's answer to pretty much every question here, and it usually seems to work, I hope he or she doesn't mind me giving it to you, but if you follow those steps, you SHOULD be good.

And extra warning, formatting your SD card deletes the data on it, so you want to make sure you have everything backed up or moved to a computer or flash drive or something before you do this.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If a game loads at all, it is likely that you have the right files on your microSD card.

But there are several possible problems that would cause the symptoms you're seeing. One is that you don't have your games in a "games" folder. Another is that you have a fake and ran the official (fake-killer) firmware on it. Another is that your DSTT has a hardware problem (it's making poor contact with the NDS).

What did you mean when you said "sometimes it works and then later it fails on me"? Do you mean that the game quits while you're playing it, or do you mean that a game will run fine, but then the next time you try doesn't run at all?

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over