Hacking My DSTT in new packaging arrived

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The new packaging is OK, it's just you standard flip open plastic packaging. The plastic itself isn't bad quality, there's no sharp edges or anything. The card that coms inside the packaging is just a reproduction of the orignal box, and yep it still declares that it comes with a free USB writer even though it doesn't.

The cart itself is still the same quality as the version in the box that I have. The plastic still feels a little cheep and it still sticks in the DS cart slot, although this one is nowhere near as bad as the other one I have it still snags going in and out (oo-er). Unlike my other DSTT though the MicroSD card doesn't sit flush in the slot, it sticks out by maybe a millimeter or so and the spring feels less responsive. My other DSTT has quite a satisfying and snug feeling when it clicks in, this one feels like it could give out quite easily.

I know what you're all waiting to know though, does it have a gold dot? Nope, the cart is gold dot and J2 free.

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh i ordered some when they appeared to be still in stock, but now i have to wait like 7 days for a new shipment to arrive there. +shipment time so it'll take some time until i have mine.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TrolleyDave said:
I know what you're all waiting to know though, does it have a gold dot? Nope, the cart is gold dot and J2 free.

So it's a real DSTT?

Or does it have some PCB line on the visible pcb part of the micro sd slot (like the FAKE II mentioned on ndstt.com)?

I ordered too a DSTT in new packaging while it was still in stock, now i'm waiting for it (left hk on 14 sep).

I should receive it this week i think.

r6306

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my first stock of 100 cards has just arrived and I can confirm that they are REAL DSTT cards with no gold spots and the line matches the DSTT website. The packaging is ok but still no CD and no card reader now. The build quality seems average but whoever was applying the stickers was blind. Many are off centre and lots of carts are packed upside down, though all this could be DX and not DSTT as they often send out bulk non packed to me. All in all for a $12 price tag you really can't complain. Delivery through DX took about a week to the UK. If anyone wants one I'll do them at £15 with a 1GB Kingston micro all setup, PM me
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder if the new DSTT-software that will be released tomorrow (well, it should be released tomorrow...) will recognize them as real. If they are, I will probably get one from DealExtreme too. I mean, I already have a perfectly working M3 Real and AceKard 2 but 12 dollars...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."