My DSLite, R4, EZFlash 3in1 and 1GB TF got Stolen

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Beware, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Beware
    OP

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So yesterday my entire DS rig got stolen. That was about $210 worth of stuff, my DSLite, my R4, my EZFlash 3in1, and a 1GB PNY Technologies microSD. It happened while I was on indoor suspension for something that did NOT arrant that punishment. Not only was I punished unjustly, but my DS got stolen from me as well.

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    why were you punished?

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    You should have asked the principal to check people in the area of your bag to be checked before they left school.

My DS fell out of my bag once at school. Luckily, my friend happened to pick it up.

4. RiotShooter

Member RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    damn i feel for you man. thats y i am always careful with my stuff at school. or i just dont take that stuff to school

5. Beware
    OP

United States
    It's kind of a long story. I was eating lunch. I'm a senior in High School. I was standing up while I was talking which, for some reason, is against the rules. The new housemaster for the sophomores they just hired told me to sit down. So I did. Later, I wanted to get a snack. So I walked over and got a bag of chips.

When I came back, he immediately told me, very abruptly to sit down before I had a chance to. I said, exactly, "I was about to sit down, I just came back from getting a snack." I said that because he was clearly pissed off and I wanted to avoid some kind of confrontation.
    He then said, "Don't sass me!"

I responded, "I wasn't sassing you, I was just explaining why I wasn't sitting."

Then he flipped. He asked, "Who is your housemaster?!"
    I told him, "Mr. Piantedosi, but if you would just allow me to explain myself that won't be necessary. I was just putting my stuff down because I just got a snack and I was about to sit down." In the middle of my saying this he asked me my name. I didn't answer him because I was in the middle of my sentence and wanted to be heard. Then he gave me a look of sheer annoyance and I repeated the bit about The snack and he asked my name again and once again, I didn't answer because he kept asking me in the middle of my sentence.

Then, when I was finished explaining the situation a second time, he finally asked my name when I wasn't speaking and I told him. Then he told me I was to report to my house office. I said, "If you would please listen to me then you would understand that isn't necessary," but he just started ignoring me like he was some 3 year old having a hissy-fit.

After that he didn't say anything to me. He was walking next to me for a while and didn't say a word, so I didn't know if I was supposed to report to the house office or just go to class. I went to class because he didn't say anything to me and I figured they would call me down if it was important.

So after all was said and done, I got 2 full days of indoor suspension for:Defiance of a housemaster, refusal to give my name, and refusal to report to my house office.

6. Beware
    OP

United States
    There were cops involved and everything. I was only in one room all day and it got stolen on my 10 minute break. People were told to empty their pockets and their bags were searched, but those were like 10 minutes apart. Then they sent everyone out of the room to return it if they had it, which, big surprise here, nobody did. And while I was on my 10 minute break 2 people left the room and one kid was having the teacher help him with a book, so she was distracted. They didn't do locker checks or anything. The school isn't going to reimburse me either. I'm pretty much f**ked. I signed up at gaming lagoon, but I don't know what else I can do.

EDIT:
    There were only 5 other people in the room. And sorry for the double post.

7. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Well, that should be a lesson: don't argue with authorities, just go with the flow, no matter how retarded they may sound. If the authority really acts without merit, talk to development/guidance(not the front office).

8. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    You have to sit down whilst talking.... WTF is that all about?

What kind of homo school do you go to?

BTW sorry to hear about you losing your DS setup, I lost my GB original setup in school when I was pretty young and I was very upset.

9. Beware
    OP

United States
    I didn't even argue. I just said two sentences to him. I never disagreed with what he was saying. That's why it's so ridiculous. I did not leave out a single detail in my description.

10. zi70410

Member zi70410 GBAtemp Regular

man i feel ur pain my r4 with my 1 gb got stolen

11. pkprostudio

Member pkprostudio No

United States
    No no no. You got it all wrong. Nobody should care about the authorities when the authorities can't do their fucking job right. That stupid housemaster should get fired. What kind of a school is that anyway? Are you forced to be there?

12. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    oh btw i just got a new DSLite, R4, EZFlash 3in1 and 1GB TF

13. Wii_DS.

Banned Wii_DS. ウォリアー

United Kingdom
    WTF is you shitty school all about?

'housemaster', 'authorities', 'indoor suspension'

Education has really got fucked up.

14. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    [​IMG]

Egg his house. Or his car. Just egg something of his. I am thinking of doing it to the person next door [​IMG] . I really,really,really hate her [​IMG]

15. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

What you CAN do is fight HARDER. First, explain your situation with the bad supervisor and say you were punished unfairly. Then convince them that it was the SCHOOL's responsibility that your property was stolen.

Or... you could be a pickpocket and somehow steal $210 from the supervisor and/or the school. I would personally do that. Put it in your locker too, because you know they won't check there.

Good luck.

16. Beware
    OP

United States
    I've tried explaining it to teachers. They all agree that what he did was wrong. There is at least one teacher I know of meeting with the principal about the theft issue and I'm fairly certain my mother and grandmother are taking it to the school committee. I got a letter in the mail that said if I got in trouble one more time I was going to be kicked out of school because I apparently have too many demerits. That is complete bullshit. It said I have ONE absence and ONE tardy and that is grounds for expulsion if I get in one more incident.

For now I'm trying out Gaming Lagoon and I'm hoping some friends will give me some cash to help buy a new one. The latter is very unlikely, but it's worth a shot. And Gaming Lagoon is going to take forever to gain 220 points. I don't know what I'm going to do.

BTW, coolbho3000, they CAN search my locker if they thought I did something like that, just apparently the stuff that was stolen from me wasn't important enough to warrant locker searches even though we know it was one of only five people.

Anyone want to donate?? [​IMG] lulz

EDIT:I explained the original situation to MY housemaster (the other housemaster wasn't even in charge of my class) and HE was the one who assigned the two days of indoor.

17. Switchy

Member Switchy GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Yay, let's start a fund raiser!

Does it help if I click the GamingLagoon link? Or do I have to sign up for you to get those points?
    Because signing up is a no-no for me since I'm from Belgium..

18. Beware
    OP

United States
    Anyone who signs up with my referral link, I also get points when you get points. I think it's something like 20%. So I get two points for every 10 you get. It's a really awesome deal.

19. Switchy

Member Switchy GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Yes, I love how the system works.
    But it's not eligible where I live [​IMG]

20. Beware
    OP

United States
    Yeah, that sucks. Anyone feel like starting a fund raiser?? [​IMG]