MY DSi's firmware got updated, and can't run the R4i, can I do anything about it?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by 4anket2, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 4anket2
    OP

4anket2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2009
    Iceland
    Hi! I got a little problem - I used my DSi for over 4 years now, for games, drawing, and some music too, and everything with my R4i gold card. and lately, I visited a friend with my DS, and his little brother asked me If I can let him play some with it (He got a 3DS, and he just wanted to see "the roots" of his device), so I gave it to him, and later, he came to me, and said - "Wow, your DS is really outdated, it's firmware is like 2 years old, I updated it for you", I heard that the card works only with the firmware I had and lower, and the card stopped working. I spent the entire day trying to make it work with the new firmware, but nothing works, just error screen when I launch the card. Is there anything I can do to turn it back? I tried tons of solutions online, none work.

card info -

R4i - Ver2.0

www.r4ids.com

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    it might need a system the can USE the card(like a DS/DS lite) so you can update the card to the newest firmware

or buy a new card like the supercard DS two

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    nope
    the highest the R4i gold 2.0 from r4ids.com supports is DSi 1.4.3 or 3DS 2.1.0-3
    they have dropped support for the card now also

your card will never be able to work on 1.4.5 so its useless unless you have a DsLite or DS Phat to play it on

if you want to continue to use a flashcard on your DSi you will need a new one that supports the newer updates

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You can't update an R4 on a DS that it's been blocked on, and there is no way to downgrade a DSi.

That R4 will never boot on that DSi again.

5. 4anket2
    OP

4anket2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2009
    Iceland
    OK then, guess that's it for my awesome DS experience :sad: . thanks for everyone that replied, really appreciate that ;)

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters