くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I had the same issue with my DSi. Even after I had the fuse repaired.

I get it all the time after reassembling my DSi, usually it's because of a bad connection on the power cable (those wires are very fragile). Try to clean it with some isopropyl alcohol (or any high % alcohol) before trying to do any soldering work.

Since it worked fine before disassembly, I'm positive it's a connection issue.

P.S: Try the paper trick with the battery.

Last edited by AlanJohn,
Reactions: MyDePain

MyDePain

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same issue with my DSi. Even after I had the fuse repaired.

I get it all the time after reassembling my DSi, usually it's because of a bad connection on the power cable (those wires are very fragile). Try to clean it with some isopropyl alcohol (or any high % alcohol) before trying to do any soldering work.

Since it worked fine before disassembly, I'm positive it's a connection issue.

P.S: Try the paper trick with the battery.
I'll try that for my case (without much hope to be honest, but it's worth trying). Thanks for the advice. I hope it'll fix yours OP.
(Again, feel free to let me know if I made any mistake. It helps me a lot :))

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I could be mistaken but it looks like you have trapped/kinked the main power cables (red and black wires) The wires are meant to fit inside a small plastic groove, otherwise they get trapped and damaged by the rear case when reassembling. If those wires are damaged at all then the light will blink like you have experienced.

The fuses are probably ok, and you can test them with a multimeter.

Also, it looks like you might be using an electric screwdriver to remove the screws? If thats the case I strongly recommend only screwing/unscrewing by hand. I only say this as I noticed small squiggly scratches on the PCB near all the screws on the power board.

<EDIT> Also not sure what is happening with your WiFi antenna wires? Have you just placed them loose temporarily for the photo? The antenna wires have specific grooves they are designed to fit inside:-
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/AGI3vUrxZWSGG1gU.full
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/tyoQPFgig6JdI2jf.full
If you are trying to close the case with the wires loose like that, then they will be trapped and will apply pressure to the WiFi board etc.

Last edited by Razor83,
Reactions: MyDePain

Patoutech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all, Is there anyone among you who can give me the values of some components of the DSI xl motherboard. I had an oxidation of some components that I would like to replace. Thanks to you

BRUHHjus

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll try that for my case (without much hope to be honest, but it's worth trying). Thanks for the advice. I hope it'll fix yours OP.
(Again, feel free to let me know if I made any mistake. It helps me a lot :))

Did doing that fix it for you? I am kinda having the same problem here.

MyDePain

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did doing that fix it for you? I am kinda having the same problem here.
It didn't work, or at least it wouldn't have worked since I finally had my hands on a multimeter and checked the F1 fuse, which was of course blown. So I have replaced my board with a new one, and it now works flawlessly.

Good luck !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans