Hacking My Ds wont work =(

superyams

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been awhile since I got my DS lite maybe 2 years, and now every time I turn it on the bottom screen just flashes and it turns off again. I am able to play Ds games which I figured out from another topic (Thank you so much) by Hold R+L+A+B+X+Y.
I Don't think I ever dropped water on it but my right hinge is disattached completely, But I usually just fit it in so my screen doesn't fall down to much. My ds slips out from the left side from a wire thing occasionally but only as far as some metal thing goes which is about about 1/4 of an inch.
-PLEASE HELP- My birthday is tomarrow and I am hoping for a miracle.

Vennie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think he wants to fix it somehow so its just like a normal DS. Is it still under warrenty? Also check the cables that go to the hinge and the bottem screen if its detached...one of them might have broken. You might have to get a new DS...

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your top screen ribbon has been damaged (it is in the other side to the broken hinge) You need to replace the whole screen (the ribbon is attached). Good news is they are less than $10, the bad news is they take a bit of changing. You need to solder the speakers from the old screen to the new.

Replace the case at the same time, the screen is $10 the case $15 so for $25 it will be as good as new.

For reference - the DS does a check on power up, it tries to run both screens, if it can't it switches off (the screen that flashes is OK - the other is faulty)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U