My DS was taken...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by iwakura, Feb 15, 2007.

Feb 15, 2007

My DS was taken... by iwakura at 12:58 AM (2,081 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    Yeah, I guess this is a request for sympathy, but I just feel it has to be told to people. I left my DS on a table for a few minutes at a restaurant (with my family, consisting of a brother, sister, mom, and dad!) and went to the Restroom, and came back and nobody had noticed that my DS disappeared, including myself. I left it there for sure, I'm pretty sure some heartless bastard just came up and swiftly stuck it into their pocket =[. My DS along with my G6 4G are gone now... :'(

I didn't expect people to go as far as to stealing a DS from a populated table just to save 175 dollars...if they had been caught, who knows? Might have gotten them into serious trouble...

Unfortunately, all it did was make one kid really, really miserable :'(

2. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    sorry man, but welcome to the real world :'(

Maby the restaurant has cameras? You could put a request in to the police to check it up.

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Stuff like that can be nicked in a second and the people that do it are so good that no one notices. I can remember a few years ago going shopping and someone stuffed a can in their pocket right in front of me. It looked that natural it took me a minute or two to realise what he had done.

4. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    my DS Lite + Mario Kart DS + Supercard Lite was stolen about 3 months ago...you surely have my sympathy [​IMG]

5. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    then the police check whats on it and find illegal things!!!!!
    R-TARD!!

I feel bad for you... your G6 man... I couldn't bare losing my G6!!

6. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yea tons of theives out there, watch your stuff keep anything over $20 in your pocket at all times if possible. i see people crying over all kinds of things stolen in campus, laptops, cellphones, books, food. i say dont trust anyone and stick it all in your pockets, perhaps those man purses arnt a bad, maybe a chewbakka bandoliers do whatever it takes. why i love winters can wear a coat with extra pockets to carry more junk.

7. falcon64z8

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thats you should take your ds everywhere with you just in case. I take my ds everywhere and have the phat version.

8. DeepFriedAsian

Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh, that was YOUR DS? Heh, sorry man, finder keepers! [​IMG]

Just kidding, sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to get something important stolen. This is why I keep my DS in my pocket at ALL times. I'm too paranoid.

9. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    Sorry for your loss.. I would have told the manager that it happened, and maybe alert all of the customers of it, and possibly call the police....
    Damned world we live in [​IMG]

10. mikeosoft

Member mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    suks bro, but now you know the worth of your ds. listen man i think things happen for a reason, so keep that in mind and try to not ge too upset, after all it is just a piece of electronics. 150 dollars in all......

11. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    its so annoying, my first DS and several of my games was stolen last year.. whats most annoying is the thief most likely doesnt have a way of recharging the battery when it runs out, so they probably just sold it all

12. iwakura
    OP

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    thanks guys-

i'm not too upset or angry or anything...i know its my fault. and if i could, i'd get another ds and cherish it, but my parents basically telling me i shouldnt be able to have anything cause i can't keep track of anything =\

ahh well...

13. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Maybe your parents hid your DS to have an excuse never to buy you anything again [​IMG]

(Just kidding.)

Having anything stolen sucks. Not only do you lose something valuable, it turns you into a paranoid maniac for who know how long before you can relax about your stuff again.

Cheer up, plenty more DS's in the world, you'll get a new one. (But next time, get an M3 [​IMG] )

14. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    my parents did this to me all the time, the only two times it really bothered me where when they hid my bike, when i was 6 or 7, in a nieghbors shed for a month making me think it was stolen, and then again when i was 15 and we were moving, they hid my brand new $800 camera for a year, A YEAR!!!!, because i left my window on my car cracked (not even enough to get a hand through). i had seriously thought i had wasted most of a grand (alot when your 15) on a camera that got stolen in one month. I didnt get it back till i was almost 17. and they didnt even admit they hid it. I found it in a box when i was helping put up some shelves in their closet.... needless to say, my parents were f*cked up... i'm 21 now and havent talked to them for 3 yrs. and the last time was to tell them i wasnt coming to thanksgiving....

15. mirun100

Newcomer mirun100 Member

Australia
    Oh man...If my parents ever did that to me, I'd bust a nut. Some people in this world really are cruel heartless bastards, but take faith in the fact that there are heaps of good guys out there too.

16. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States

[/quote]

my parents did this to me all the time, the only two times it really bothered me where when they hid my bike, when i was 6 or 7, in a nieghbors shed for a month making me think it was stolen, and then again when i was 15 and we were moving, they hid my brand new $800 camera for a year, A YEAR!!!!, because i left my window on my car cracked (not even enough to get a hand through). i had seriously thought i had wasted most of a grand (alot when your 15) on a camera that got stolen in one month. I didnt get it back till i was almost 17. and they didnt even admit they hid it. I found it in a box when i was helping put up some shelves in their closet.... needless to say, my parents were f*cked up... i'm 21 now and havent talked to them for 3 yrs. and the last time was to tell them i wasnt coming to thanksgiving....

[/quote]

That sucks man, they'll get it coming to them, Karma will get em [​IMG]

17. Rocco Savadgie

Member Rocco Savadgie GBAtemp Regular

[​IMG]

18. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    well, i say parents, but it's really my stepmom and the cold heartless bastard of a father she turned mine into. god i hate the b*tch... my dad used to be cool. we were friends... but a couple years after he remarried, he just stopped haveing his own thoughts and just did what she thought was right. but she doesnt even have any kids... how could a loving father maliciously decieve his own flesh and blood?
    lol... hold on, this is a kicker too;
    they go on vacation every year, starting when i was like 12. for the first couple years they would send my to my brothers or sisters. but when i turned 15 and had a car. they would hand me 10 bucks and lock me out of the house for a week or two. not only lock me out, but change the access code on the garage, the security code on the alarm, and the even went as far and fashioning doorstops out of a 2x4. and leaving out the garage door, so i would have absolutly no chance of getting in without breaking and entering. i mean, it was kewl to be 15 and out on your own for two weeks, but 10 bucks isnt much food or gas. good thing i've always had jobs...

19. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Well, if you want sympathy...

IF you have lost any leads on where you can find it:
    Well, think of this as a good opportunity. You can expand your mind with new things in life before you get a replacement (possibly). It's a change in your routine, so give it a try before you get back into the commercialized goodness of Nintendo!

I lost my game boy color when I was younger, so on my time alone I started getting into biology and chemistry stuff. Now it's my major. lol.

20. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    If its the phat you can just use a normal GBA adapter to recharge it, or get one really cheap. If its a lite you'll be able to get a cheap adapter for it on ebay.