Hacking my DS Mode is Still bricked!

are you having the same problem?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • yes but it's fixed

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • no i have a different ds mode problem...

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
You said you only ran TWLFix-CFW? Did you not update the system after that?
What it does is delete the essential TWL Files, System Update sees that you don't have the files and reinstalls them.

I already did everything and all processes, incl. but not limited to updating the system, deleting titles using FBI, manually re-installing title CIAs, NVRAM fixer, etc etc...

Reactions: CodyWGamer

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question, does your 3ds camera launch at all or does it give u an error? i dont care which error but does it?

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
question, does your 3ds camera launch at all or does it give u an error? i dont care which error but does it?

Uhm.... Well... What da ya know... It doesn't!!
Stays a lot of time at "activating camera" and then "an error as ocorred"... Weird...
And it seems to lock at trying to come back to the home menu as well after that...

Last edited by MDashK,

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm that's the issue ive also been having ever since my ds mode got bricked...

also launch the 3ds camera app itself and see if u gives u an error as well. For me it just asks for me to reboot my system instead of just asking to shut down the system

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
hmmm that's the issue ive also been having ever since my ds mode got bricked...

also launch the 3ds camera app itself and see if u gives u an error as well. For me it just asks for me to reboot my system instead of just asking to shut down the system

If I directly launch the camera app on the menu, it stays in black screen for quite a while, then gives a black screen with red and white letters saying:
"
an error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic
Process id: 38
process name: ctrapp
title id: 0x00040001000022400
address: 0x0029b79c
error code: 0xf9605002

press any button to reboot
"

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i might as well give u a membership card XD because that it what's also happening to me lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also since when was this thread ever active again lol im not complaining but this thread was dead after we found the problem and how i cant fix it lol

D

Deleted User

Buddy, you gotta work on your punctuation. While readable, those run-on sentences cries of desperation.

Okay, first thing first, check your SD card.
  1. Copy everything off the card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if it's bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. Don't skip this step.
Report back your results after the scan is complete.
that is actually one whole sentence

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did everything and all processes, incl. but not limited to updating the system, deleting titles using FBI, manually re-installing title CIAs, NVRAM fixer, etc etc...
do u know the cause as to why your ds mode got bricked?

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
do u know the cause as to why your ds mode got bricked?

Literally no idea... The 3DS is not even mine, it's from a friend that recently acquired it and requested me to do the cfw installation.
Did the tutorial, like always, I've done for several other 3DS's, includ. CTRTransfer to correct the region/language of the console.
When I reached the step to install TWiLight menu, I bumped into the issue...

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
what method to install CFW did you use?

Did the ntrboot method (Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)) using my R4i RTS flashcard (like usual), then installed boot9strap, system was already at 11.9, so I directly performed CTRTransfer (actually, this was the only difference from other systems I have changed... other systems always had older firmware, this was the only one at latest version).
Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary, just followed the tutorial at the usual place.

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i highly doubt something got screwed up if u used the official guide. now that I think about it i used TWiLightMenu before as well when my ds mode wasnt bricked because i didnt think it was really possible to get ds games and this was BEFORE i got a flashcart. so MAYBE TWiLightMenu had something to do with it. because i had WarioWare: Touched before my ds mode got bricked and one day my ds mode just stopped working... i did remember using TWiLightMenu after i got WarioWare: Touched

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
i highly doubt something got screwed up if u used the official guide. now that I think about it i used TWiLightMenu before as well when my ds mode wasnt bricked because i didnt think it was really possible to get ds games and this was BEFORE i got a flashcart. so MAYBE TWiLightMenu had something to do with it. because i had WarioWare: Touched before my ds mode got bricked and one day my ds mode just stopped working... i did remember using TWiLightMenu after i got WarioWare: Touched

Oddly enough, if boot9strap (ntrboot) really uses DS mode, then I just tried entering it and it worked...

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea that's correct unless you use an NTRboot multi-system setup or hardmod, I used the Multi-System setup with a friends 2DS. Speaking of which, what type of 3ds do u use a new 3ds/2ds or an old 3ds/2ds

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
oh yea that's correct unless you use an NTRboot multi-system setup or hardmod, I used the Multi-System setup with a friends 2DS. Speaking of which, what type of 3ds do u use a new 3ds/2ds or an old 3ds/2ds

Right... In mycase, I'm not using multi-system or hardmod, I'm simply using the flashcard RTS directly with the 3DS.
So... Why does DS mode work on ntrboot, but not after? xDDDD

I only have o3DS's and my friend's 3DS is also a o3DS. I never had a n3DS on my hands so far. xDD

CodyWGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here lol, so back to the TwlightMenu, so u said ur ds bricked during the setup how is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs