My DS fatty is semi-dead

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hiaowy, Oct 16, 2007.

Oct 16, 2007

My DS fatty is semi-dead by hiaowy at 3:13 AM (1,037 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. hiaowy
    OP

Newcomer hiaowy Newbie

United States
    I originally bought a DS fat with a cracked top screen. It still worked albeit with a top screen viewing problem (the picture was barely visible). I recently tried to replace it with a replacement dealextreme screen and a different shell, but all I get in the end is the start up click and no picture on the screens. The orange light appears when charged, but thats the most response I have seen from the fatty (other than the click). No green light.

I checked and rechecked every single connection (include the right side up tiny flat connectors) and am at wits end. I just don't know whats wrong. I even put everything back into the original silver case including the broken screen to no avail. My last ditch attempt is to buy some new wires. Its a long shot of a request but does anyone have advice?

2. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I don't know anything about hardware, but you could sell it on EBAY and buy another at Gamestop for 80 bucks if you had some extra money lying around. You could collect your useless coins and get cash for them at the Coinstar machines they have in some supermarkets and spend it on another DS. [​IMG]

3. wiithepeople

Member wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
    Sell it on ebay and buy a DS lite, used if you want it cheap. Try ebay if you want used.

4. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

If you're a constant player, and get so into games that you can't put them down for a minute of your day, then DON'T GET THE LITE. The hinge is really fragile and it cracks easily. I've gone through 2 DS Lites because it cracks on me for no reason at all and totally breaks. Go to Gamestop like I had said and buy the original for 80 bucks. It's cheaper, they're usually in good condition, they come with chargers, and it's just better if it gets knocked around a bit.

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Check that the screen cables really are all the way in before locking them in place, I've never done this myself but read quite a few threads where people swore blind they'd attached them correctly then found out they can be pushed in a lot further than they thought.

This thread seems to imply that the entire DS will act like it's stopped working if one thing inside it isn't attached correctly, so I'd really rule everything out before giving up on it.

6. Embrance

Newcomer Embrance Member

United States
    I read on another forum that dealextreme doesnt have good replacements and usually they are faulty.Maybe that the problem.

7. Friction Baby

Member Friction Baby GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    No he already said he put everything back in the original case with the original screens, I agree with Psyfira check your connections before caving in for a new DS [​IMG]