z4z0u

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
My mom has done the update to the 3.3E on my wii, i found a thing on the web that we can downgrade the system, so very happy i try it, but the installation gave me an ERROR : Custom IOS could not be installed (i wanted to install the cIOS37 rev03 using twilight hack) and the installer gave me this information (ret -2011), anybody know where is the problem?

PS : sorry for my english, but i'm french...
biggrin.gif

PS2 : my wii can connect on the web

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I assume You didn't have a cIOS installed before the update....
That's bad. ATM you can't do nothing about it. Just wait for marcan or the other Gurus to release a fix for that.

z4z0u

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
That's right, i havent installed a cIOS on my wii before this update (23 october 08), so i can't do nothing for that? will i wait for an other application to restore my wii firmware?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question for people in the know...

Will this eventual 'fix' allow you update without it screwing up what the current update does (ie. a custom update)
Or is this eventual 'fix' solely for those who updated and are now screwed.

I haven't updated but I do use the shop channel for specific games.
As it stands, I can't access the Shop Channel without updating.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't tell you. Also I don't know who's working on a fix. I'm almost sure marcan and his crew are on it, but you won't know until someone of the Gurus states something about it.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
short answer, your mom fucked up your wii... sorry mate, enjoy the freedom of having to buy everything now! no compatibly issues!

long answer, as stated, wait for the devs to make a fix, which should be within a week (hopefully)

Johnny_V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
z4z0u said:
My mom has done the update to the 3.3E on my wii(...)

Don't you mean 3.4E?

z4z0u said:
That's right, i havent installed a cIOS on my wii before this update (23 october 08), so i can't do nothing for that? will i wait for an other application to restore my wii firmware?

If your Wii has the 3.3E firmware downgrade is possible, try to download from the official sources again (don't ask for links) and make sure you format your SD card using the SDFormatter (search the forum) and follow the instructions VERY carefully.

QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Oct 24 2008, 04:57 PM)
I can't tell you. Also I don't know who's working on a fix. I'm almost sure marcan and his crew are on it, but you won't know until someone of the Gurus states something about it.

Well, it IS just a matter of time, from what I understood the changes are mainly on the signing keys of the IOS files and Official WAD vs. illegal WAD. I believe this was an update to avoid WAD piracy and not a direct attack to homebrew. Don't forget that Nintendo didn't erased IOS249 and that is what, at the moment, allows for backuploader v1 to work...

z4z0u

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks for all your answers, now i hope that the devs are going to make a fix... but i'm not hurry... i can wait
wink.gif

PS : yes, my wii is on 3.4E firmware (the 3.3E with shop modification and he blocks all cIOS installations :S)

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have a mother anymore, but it's forbidden for my father of even THINKING of using my Wii without my permission!

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Johnny_V was wrong on every point.

The system menu is still version 3.3, the whole 3.2/3.3/3.4 is the version of the system menu, not of the update in general. This update didn't contain a new system menu at all, it just adds IOS51 and fixed the signing bug in all other version of IOS. For future reference, call it the IOS51 update.

Downgrade is possible with system menu 3.3 if you have not installed the IOS51 update (seeing as downgrader has nothing to do with the system menu this makes sense). I'm not entirely sure why, but apparently it isn't possible to downgrade even if you have cIOS installed and installed the IOS51 update, apparently the downgrader uses another IOS (probably uses IOS36 for something).

Final point, this update was not just about VC piracy, it blocks the installation of any unsigned code onto the Wii. This includes the hombrew channel, starfall. custom IOS versions, etc. This greatly cripples hombrew in general. For the most part, the only people that this didn't cripple were the pirates who had a custom IOS (that contains the signing bug) installed.

This patch was probably in the making since the previous one (where they removed the signing bug from IOS30 and IOS31). They would have to check to make sure that removing the signing bug from the old IOS versions wouldn't cause any compatibility issues. People who think that this was targeted to block VC piracy or to stop WiiGator's backuplauncher are wrong, Nintendo released this patch to fix a known bug with the Wii (and a major security flaw), and as a result homebrew was crippled.

Marcan and crew already have an exploit that will work with the newest update which they plan to use to install BootMii, but they haven't released any details, and they haven't released any hombrew applications that make use of this exploit yet.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem but i have a custom ios install (CIOS36_rev5) and when i try to downgrade the same error jump on mi and teorically people who update to the latest update but have a custom ios can make the downgrade (actually i can use the backup launcher 0.1 install wads emulators etc)

can somebody help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1