My dad's passing within the next 3 days.

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Gaisuto, Sep 30, 2007.

Sep 30, 2007
  1. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    After all the shit we've gone through. After all the seemingly random spouts of rage he's thrown throughout the years. After all the damn fun we've had together, just me and him. After all the help and advice he's given me throughout the years...he's finally reached his limit....

This is bullshit...within the past few years he suddenly made so many friends, actually started having fun in his life. So why did this cancer bullshit come right when the happiest years of his life start!?

I came in here wanting to talk about him, all the stuff we've done. But I start crying every single time I begin. I just want to say that the most fun we ever had was actually an event that was just us two and no one else.

My favorite moment of my life, where it was just us two, was without a doubt when we went to the WWE Royal Rumble in 2006. He had the time of his life, even if he kept jokingly cursing the arena for making so many stairs to taunt him. All the cheering, all the action he was watching life, the entire spectacle. He loved the entire thing. And we were in Miami, a very very long drive from Palm Coast, so we stayed in a hotel room (A ghetto one. It scared us both [​IMG]) and talked it up for so many hours...

I'm going to miss him...this timing is pure bullshit. I promised him years ago I was going to take him to a WrestleMania, the biggest wrestling show in the year, one day. He is diagnosed with cancer one day, so I realize to myself time is running out to live up on that life goal. Then I swear, God did this as a sick practical joke, WrestleMania 24 to be held in Orlando, not even a two hour drive away from here. First time in Florida. And guess who's not going to make it.

Damn it...I don't want him to go...

I want to talk about him more but I just can't. So much stuff I could say. Maybe if someone asked about him, that'd get me going. I want to talk about him more just so I can try and feel better, but I just can't for some reason...

2. Bowsa

Newcomer Bowsa Newbie

United States
    pray to god man, have faith ( NO ONE FLAME ME I WAS SAYING WITH GOOD INTENTIONS)

3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    :'(

I know how hard it is to lose family members. But if you're christian/catholic (or believe that sort of thing) you'll see him again.

4. DBlaze

Member DBlaze I don't know what i'm doing.

Netherlands
    That really is suckage timing indeed. [​IMG]

As far as I can help you, don't crop things up, just let it all out. (dunno of crop is the right word, anyway, im dutch so)

I always keep things to myself, and well, thats really no good, Once you get angry you'll start doing things you wish you didn't do.
    I'm always standing there emotionlessly, which really few, in fact no one, appreciates when things like that happen, so don't be like that either.

And it's just a tip, so don't go dropping bombs on me now [​IMG]

Now I didn't go trough it with my dad, but grandma neighbour... and more people who are encountering it.

Well all I can do is say make the most of every single moment.

Life is no fair [​IMG]

5. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Do you look like him, or sound like him?

My dad hated talking on the phone, so if I was over at his house, I'd answer it for him. Inevitably I'd be mistaken for him and the person would just start talking "Hey Doug, blah blah bah..."

I didn't look a thing like him, but we sounded just alike, on the phone at least.

6. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Arthur Christman.
    Bob "The Cruiser" Cummings. My father.
    April 1, 1947 - September 30, 2007

He just passed a few minutes ago...A pastor friend of my family's came and talked to him, ease his conscience and told him it was okay to let go, to ease the pain...and to our shocking believe it worked...now he's gone...

God fucking damn it...why...

7. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I'm sorry, My prayers are with you and your family, man...

8. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I'm so sorry man, I don't know what to say. Do you have any other great memories of you having an awesome time together? except the wrestling ones? Maybe from when you were a child? A birthday party in the back yard, or anything? talk as much as you want about it, i think it's the best cure.

My granddad passed i think exactly one year ago... he suffered quite much unfortunatly... they said he had within 24 hours left... so they cut all chords and left him there to die... he laid there for 1 whole week... but it was "going to happen" for a month.. so within time i started to accept it, and it's all natural... so, I got to say, there's a relief to accept. it doesn't hurt as much, and isn't the shock it could've been.

9. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My sincerest condolences. I'm a little teary eyed reading this myself. :'(

10. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    Oh man thats sucks... I lost my grand mother just last week..
    Im sorry about this man. Hes resting now and out of pain you'll see him again dont worry.

11. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Oh my god. I am so sorry, this makes me feel so horrible :'(

Just try to think of the positive tho... What other fun things do you remember doing with him?

12. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    My condolences. Hope you get through this and remember the good times.

13. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    The closest family I've lost yet is my grandma and that hurt like crazy. I wish there was something we could do.

Your family will be in my prayers.

14. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Cancer is... well, allow me to use the damn meme, "cancer". It's something horrible even when cured, and it may be a relief for him not to have that on his mind anymore. I won't get into any kind of religious conceptions of life and death as probably yours and mine will be different, but I think we all humans in mildly rich countries or just rich, know life's a true gift, something anyone will, more or less, enjoy and something we don't always want to end. If so, that means he had a good one and if he'll be missed and his death cried, that means he was loved. Death is something to come upon all of us in the end, and it's our life what we should worry about, seems like he worried enough about his to make a good one out of it.
    If you need any proof, just take a look at the mirror [​IMG] I honestly hope you will soon recover from the deep sorrow that always comes in this kind of situation and remember him with a glad smile on your face in the future.

15. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    take good care of yourself

16. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    My condolences, i'm so sorry about that. [​IMG]

17. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    let us pray for him and his family :'(

18. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    My sincerest condolences. I'm reminded of my grandfather, and my grandmother, and my aunt. We knew well in advance, but you can never really be prepared for it. I just hope you had time to spend with him the past few months. Take care of the rest of your family, you need each other now. Stay strong.

19. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    I don't know what to say, Gaisuto. Its a terrible thing when someone close to you dies, you and your family have my deepest sympathies.

A couple of things that I hope might help you cope:

1. That isn't pain that you're feeling right now - it is love. All the love you have for your Father is hitting you in one tremendous surge. It's really hard to cope with, I know, but just remember that it is love.

2. You gotta be strong for your Mom and the rest of your family. Its very important that someone is there to hold it all together.

3. Make him proud.

20. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Gaisuto...been praying for ya.

It's time like these you've got no one to rely on, but God (least that's how it is for me).

My mother died two years ago, I know how you feel. You're going through a tough time. Keep him close to yer heart and I know your spending as much time as you can with him...

Make sure that he's saved, and knows that where he is going, it will be much better.

I'm sorry Gaisuto...life can suck sometimes. You don't understand why something terrible like this could happen, but pray about it, and it will work out for the better.