Hacking My dad installed some IOS he found online. NEED HELP!

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I modded my dad's wii so he could read backups and it worked well, with all games, Metroid/SMG2 and KE worked fine, but he installed some IOS to play sonic 4 and now it none of these games work... (sonic 4 works.)

I was wondering any of you has any ID on what IOS I need to reinstall?

I am about to go and use DOP-Mii 13 to reinstall patched ios53, and few others.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have any 'patched' ios and i don't think you need any exepted for the ios above 200. Just download modmii and rehack your wii like a virgin one and all games should work fine.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you are using DARKCORP, and your dad probably re-installed versions of some IOS's needed for WiiWare. Like Sao Mortel said, you don't need to have modified IOS's for DARKCORP/cIOCORP, but you also certainly do not need to remod your Wii entirely. If you are using backups from disc and not USB/SD, just make sure you have Waninkoko's or Herme's cIOS installed and boot the backups with NeoGamma. After this you might as well uninstall DARKCORP if it was somehow messing up your dad's ability to play WiiWare games.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember putting Cioscorp so he could launch from disc channel, so do I just reinstall that on his wii?

it was a long time ago... I let his wii on 3.0 I think.

I can't tell for sure because his wii is the first I ever softmodded entirely. it's been a while.

BTW thanks for the help guys, this place is always the most helpful place!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it