Hacking :( My Cyclo Contacts are wearing out :(

Isaiah

The Conductor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It hasn't even been 3 months and the contacts on my Cyclo already starting to wear out... does anyone know a way that I can fix this?

thx in advance
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kuraudo39 said:
umm alcohol??? what kind? beer? XD
Rubbing alcohol. The kind you use to clean and disinfect wounds.

This will just make the contacts cleaner, it will not repair the scratches. The only way to protect your Cyclo from the scratches is to limit how often you take it out of your DS.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The proper name for it is Isopropyl alcohol - ask for it at your local electronics shop.
Failing that, methylated spirit will do the trick.

Wipe on with a lint free cloth, make absolutely sure you allow the cleaned item to completely dry before use.

D

Deleted User

You should also be able to get it from a chemist. Tell them you want to clean a Video (VHS. Remember those things.
unsure.gif
) Recorder head. They should sell it to you.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends what you mean by "wearing out". If they're a bit dirty, by all means clean them with alcohol, lighter fluid or a similar solvent. If they're actually scratched or worn down, I guess you could paint them very carefully with... Ah, what's that stuff called again, the conductive paint that you can use to paint on circuit boards etc?

EDIT: That would be conductive paint
tongue.gif

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36275

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt it possible to remove the micro SD without removing the flashcart itself?
For example on my DSTT I can press the micro SD and it will pop out of the spring loader.
This saves me from removing the flashcart from the slot each time.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kuraudo39 said:
It hasn't even been 3 months and the contacts on my Cyclo already starting to wear out... does anyone know a way that I can fix this?

thx in advance
smile.gif
Buy a better card? Cyclo is the new r4.

for a real answer, get a knife and dull the contacts inside your ds. that should stop it cutting into your card.
If that doesn't work, try the opposite of the paper trick and get a small piece of paper so the contacts don't touch it fully, but it still works.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kuraudo39, unless you want to instantly void the DS's warrantee, don't go sticking a knife into the slot 1. That kind of invasive strategy should be saved for the absolute last resort after everything else has failed.

Antoligy, around my part of the world, the DSTT is the new R4 - everybody and their dog has one.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, in your opinion, what would be a better card?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
Kuraudo39, unless you want to instantly void the DS's warrantee, don't go sticking a knife into the slot 1. That kind of invasive strategy should be saved for the absolute last resort after everything else has failed.

Antoligy, around my part of the world, the DSTT is the new R4 - everybody and their dog has one.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, in your opinion, what would be a better card?
The CycloDS and the DSTT are on opposite ends of the flash card spectrum. On one end is the DSTT. The least expensive flash card (even less than what one regular DS game would cost), and it can do pretty much one thing, play games. On the other end is the CycloDS. The most expensive flash card, but it has many features that other flash cards don't have, and it is very reliable and compatible.

So it really depends on how much money you're willing to spend on the flash card.

Isaiah

The Conductor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill go check it out tommorow. Thanks guys!
biggrin.gif

@Antoligy
The Cyclo is not the new R4, You are.

EDIT: That would make you popular and crap at the same time... NOTORIOUS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended