Gaming My Custom GBA boxart slipcovers for use with DS cases.

Xand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

This is my first post on the forums!

I've been slowly creating my own slipcovers for my collection of GBA games, and I finally have a decent sized little libraries of them, so I thought I'd share them here.

Examples:
Aql8aSu.png

I8PL1WD.png

Boxart for Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Advance Wars and Mother 3 can be found here:
http://xand0r.imgur.com/

Those are the high resolution image files I made for printing, and this is what they look like when printed out:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_sGnrJK3y9-a19RSjBHZzdYWm8

A few series I plan on doing next include Sonic Advance, Super Mario Advance and Pokemon.

Questions/Comments welcome!

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice work!
They seem to be higher resolution than the actual original box art :D

Those you've done that I own I have the original boxes for, so none for me - but I'll check back if you add more.
Print ready pdf's with bleed and trim marks would be preferred.

Reactions: Xand0r

Xand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very nice work!
They seem to be higher resolution than the actual original box art :D

Those you've done that I own I have the original boxes for, so none for me - but I'll check back if you add more.
Print ready pdf's with bleed and trim marks would be preferred.
Thanks! In many cases, I have sought the highest resolution images I could find and stitched them together in photoshop.

I've been setting them up as PDF files with the images at 11 inches in length. I didn't create any bleed for them, per se, but they fit will even if a bit of the print is trimmed away. Perhaps I'll make a master PDF one day.

Thanks for the reply!

Xand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Licensed by Nintendo" on the backside doesn't make sense for first party titles. It's a phrase only being found on third party titles.
Otherwise it looks pretty good!
Thanks IMK! Nice catch. That does make a lot of sense. Not sure I'll go back and change them, but it's certainly good to know. Cheers. :)

Thanks, Mr. Face! I've posted them on that site's forum as well. :)

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not too shabby. If I had a decent sized collection of regular gba games I would love to do this as well. But most of my GBA games are special cartridges (Boktai, Wario Ware Twisted, etc.) so this doesn't even work :D

Just out if curiousity: where do you source the DS game cases with the GBA holder? Nintendo has stopped selling those years ago iirc. I also wonder if cases like this exist for GB(C) games, that would be something I could go for.

EDIT: I just noticed the Game Boy Metroid one in your picture. Do the cases have cutouts for GB games?

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Xand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not too shabby. If I had a decent sized collection of regular gba games I would love to do this as well. But most of my GBA games are special cartridges (Boktai, Wario Ware Twisted, etc.) so this doesn't even work :D

Just out if curiousity: where do you source the DS game cases with the GBA holder? Nintendo has stopped selling those years ago iirc. I also wonder if cases like this exist for GB(C) games, that would be something I could go for.

EDIT: I just noticed the Game Boy Metroid one in your picture. Do the cases have cutouts for GB games?
Customgamecases.com has DS cases that can hold GBA games, GB games, or even tall GBA games like Drill dozer or Boktai, though perhaps not Trusted.

For most of my GBA games though, I bought lots of empty DS games on eBay. Mostly shovelware licensed titles that people have discarded.

It's definitely a great way to store a Gameboy collection. Especially if you have inductionin booklets to store.

The workmanship is amazing, I'll be using these. Thanks a lot :)
Awesome! I'd love to see pics at some point. Thanks.

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! What’s the best way to print them? Or, best settings for a regular printer? Any more in the pipeline? I’ve got a ton of loose carts I’d like to custom box up. Any GB or GBC covers?

Xand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Kid Nickerous!

http://www.thecoverproject.net is a great place to print off box designs for loose carts. :)

In my case, I wanted to customize the look of all my boxes, which means mostly just GBA games. But I may do the odd GB, GBC and DS box.

The best way to print them, well, the system that I use, it that I put the image in a PDF document on a legal-sized (14" length) paper and scale the image to 11 inches long.

Then I save the PDFs to a USB drive and get them printed at Staples.

IanAlbarn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I made three covers using your template. I hope you don't mind, Xand0r. I'll post them here if anyone wants to print them. The designs are a little bit more simple I think, sorry. Getting good quality covers was troublesome, had to patch several pictures together.gba mbn6_f.png gba mbn4_r.png gba two towers.png

Last edited by IanAlbarn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over