Hacking Discussion My console got banned, but only from MM2

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yesterday I woke up to play Mario Maker, and I see that my Nintendo account is banned from the game (error code 2124-5114), apparently for 14 days.
But today, 1 day after the ban, I see that the ban was elevated to a console ban so my brother also cannot access the game (error 2124-4607).
Why was the ban elevated to a console ban? Also how can I still access the eshop and other games? Note that I didn't hack in the game, as I have a patched switch on FW 10.2.0 that is impossible to hack.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I woke up to play Mario Maker, and I see that my Nintendo account is banned from the game (error code 2124-5114), apparently for 14 days.
But today, 1 day after the ban, I see that the ban was elevated to a console ban so my brother also cannot access the game (error 2124-4607).
Why was the ban elevated to a console ban? Also how can I still access the eshop and other games? Note that I didn't hack in the game, as I have a patched switch on FW 10.2.0 that is impossible to hack.

You are screw! Nothing you can do about it. Remember, jailbreak means never used online. Or just backup emuMMC but you are too late to do that. You are supposed to backup emuMMC before you can use the online. I know that it sucks. You have to accept banned Console but you can still playing backup games but no more online and eShop for you anymore. You are stuck!

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You are screw! Nothing you can do about it. Remember, jailbreak means never used online. Or just backup emuMMC but you are too late to do that. You are supposed to backup emuMMC before you can use the online. I know that it sucks. You have to accept banned Console but you can still playing backup games but no more online and eShop for you anymore. You are stuck!
Did you actually read the post? I said that I have a patched switch and that I didn't hack.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Only Nintendo knows. And they don't give reps and details on bans I don't think just generic statements. But if you have legit done nothing wrong you'd have to try get through to them about it since banning a console for no reason would possibly be illegal. Least in the eu

Reactions: MaxToTheMax

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Only Nintendo knows. And they don't give reps and details on bans I don't think just generic statements. But if you have legit done nothing wrong you'd have to try get through to them about it since banning a console for no reason would possibly be illegal. Least in the eu
I don't think so. Online functionality is a service, and as such is a privilege, not a right. It doesn't have any bearing on the usability of the hardware as you can still play the games you buy, and therefore there's nothing the law can do.
Banning people for no reason is pretty bad PR though, but it's not common for that to happen, they must have had a reason.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't think so. Online functionality is a service, and as such is a privilege, not a right. It doesn't have any bearing on the usability of the hardware as you can still play the games you buy, and therefore there's nothing the law can do.
Banning people for no reason is pretty bad PR though, but it's not common for that to happen, they must have had a reason.
Yeah, but I PAID for the service, both for the access to the internet to my ISP and to Nintendo for the privilege of being able to connect to online. So I don't see why should I be restricted from using it.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how you don't even adress a potential reason for the ban. "I don't see why I should be restricted from using it." You are because you've done SOMETHING you're not telling us. You must have.

You say you've not done anything suspicious. I don't believe you. Good luck with... all of this.

Last edited by isoboy,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you do exactly ? Nintendo don't ban accounts for no reason I mean you are not saying what you did on your end I have Mario Maker 2 and alot of legit games that I play online the only way they ban you if you do something wrong or offend a player

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably you suck at the game so much that they banned u.. jk anyone got access to your serial number ? Did you buy your console second hand and the listing had pics of the box with serial #.

Did you get reported for abusive comment?

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn’t just ban people. It isn’t like there is a guy at Nintendo who is approving all bans on a moral scale.

in other words, you - or more specifically, your switch’s serial number - has done something that Nintendo’s ban bots see as an objectively bannable offense.

on the topic of “I paid for NSO, I shouldn’t be banned” that isn’t how the world works. Obviously you didn’t read the ToS of NSO (I mean, who really does?) but it states something along the lines of “If you do something we see as wrong, we reserve the right to ban you.” You clicked “Agree” therefore, you have no legal case to be pissy about being banned.

Last edited by MaxToTheMax,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I PAID for the service, both for the access to the internet to my ISP and to Nintendo for the privilege of being able to connect to online. So I don't see why should I be restricted from using it.
Just because you paid for the service doesn't mean you have the right to it. At the end of the day, its Nintendo who owns the servers. You should have read their TOS more carefully and not be so foolish about breaking it.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a console ban only towards that game's online services. Unless you really love that game you are fine just dont cheat or be toxic online next time in other games.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just call the nintendo support number and explain what happen maybe something like this. "Hello I have a Nintendo switch that was was banned. After 1 day my ban was lifted to a console ban. I have never done piracy, modding, or anything bad with it so I am thinking someone used my serial code. If you can please look into this." You can change it up a bit but yeah.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just call the nintendo support number and explain what happen maybe something like this. "Hello I have a Nintendo switch that was was banned. After 1 day my ban was lifted to a console ban. I have never done piracy, modding, or anything bad with it so I am thinking someone used my serial code. If you can please look into this." You can change it up a bit but yeah.

I wouldn't even mention modding, piracy, and serial numbers. Anyone who is talking about that stuff obviously knows enough about modding to even bring it up. It will sound suspicious. But I agree with others who say there had to be a reason for the ban. You or someone else using the console did something bad enough while using Mario Maker, or you bought a used console that had it's serial stolen.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't even mention modding, piracy, and serial numbers. Anyone who is talking about that stuff obviously knows enough about modding to even bring it up. It will sound suspicious. But I agree with others who say there had to be a reason for the ban. You or someone else using the console did something bad enough while using Mario Maker, or you bought a used console that had it's serial stolen.
Well this is what I did with another switch I had that was banned (Full new accounts on it so no reason for it to be banned (yes it was bought used))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2