Hacking My computer saying that Sm4shExplorer.exe is not a valid Win32 file.

Rudelof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the title is self explanatory. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I would appreciate some answers on why this happening.
--
Background details about my computers:
  • Windows XP
  • Runs on win32

Rudelof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the .exe and it's a 32-bit binary, so I just wanna double check if you tried deleting, redownloading, reextracting and running again?
I tried to redownload it one time, and yes I did try running the program multiple times.

D

Deleted User

Maybe some of the files are corrupted? Try downloading it again and test it with Winrar. Or you can try compatibility mode with Admin.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they came here and posted to hear that for the 600th time. Anyways, what did you extract the program with? If you can't get winrar to work, tried 7-zip?
Like it or not that is the answer. Devs don't want to waste time supporting old OSes. Sometimes supporting old OSes means you miss out on the newest features.

Extracting using different "unzippers" is worth trying too I guess.

Last edited by jamieyello,

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Like it or not that is the answer. Devs don't want to waste time supporting old OSes. Sometimes supporting old OSes means you miss out on the newest features.
I think they know that already, they just wanted to see if there's a way for them to use the program on their computer despite the limitation. It's not like this is a bug report.

Rudelof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they came here and posted to hear that for the 600th time. Anyways, what did you extract the program with? If you can't get winrar to work, tried 7-zip?
No, but I guess I'll try 7-Zip tomorrow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's your problem. If you're using an obsolete OS you can't expect everything to run perfectly.
I know, but who knows? It could possibly work on Windows XP, and thank @Ridge for defending me on this :)

Reactions: Ridge

loco365

Trophies
XP
To be fair, more and more developers are dropping XP support and programs that are valid simply do not run on XP anymore because it's so legacy. The only current browser that works on XP as far as I know is Firefox, I'm unsure about Opera and Safari though.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently tried to start MrRean's CafiineServer on Windows 95 B, it bluescreened my PC and sent all my passwords to Bill Gates, then destroyed the internet (suddenly all pages started saying "Unsupported Browser")! Help pls

Reactions: Deleted User

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Look at the file properties and clear everything. Yesterday I also had an .exe breaking in a similar way and I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit lol so it wasn't the OS. Re-downloading didn't work by the way because the properties were "remembered"...

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there