My computer isn't finding my 360 drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by cheatmaster5, Oct 23, 2009.

Oct 23, 2009
  1. cheatmaster5
    OP

Member cheatmaster5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Jungleflasher wiil find my 360 but windows wont.
    Windows use to find my drive but it doesn't now, I think it quit finding it after i installed port I/Q 32
    I am using windows 7 and its a samsung drive, I am trying to make some backups.

2. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    AFAIK, Windows 7 can't be used to flash a 360 drive. Don't quote me on that though.

3. cheatmaster5
    OP

United States
    It can be used I have flashed lite on, benq, samsung, and Hitachi on it.
    it use to find my drive in windows so I could make back ups but I think it quit working after installing Port I/O 32 but jungle flasher will find the drives.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    As far as I know, the only way to make windows able to detect your drive is to have iXtreme 1.6 on it and put it in 0800 mode. More than that, it must be connected to a SATA controller which has the drivers installed (assuming you're using a VIA PCI SATA board, that means install the VIA drivers).

On the other hand, if you're trying to flash it in the first place, then (assuming you're using a VIA PCI SATA board) you have to make sure to delete the drivers to allow JungleFlasher to detect it.

So that's drivers NOT installed for JungleFlasher, and drivers ARE installed for Windows. At least, that's how it works with my computer. I just simply leave the VIA drivers uninstalled the the Maxell drivers installed and switch ports depending on what I'm doing.

5. cheatmaster5
    OP

United States
    I disable Port I/Q 32 and windows found but whats the best program to make back ups I tried clone cd and its not working

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I use Xbox Backup Creator. It's worked on all 9 games for me just fine so far, although occasionally it produces a bad DMI. ABGX360 fixes that up in no time.