My comeback to the scene

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DeadlyFoez, Dec 30, 2010.

Dec 30, 2010

My comeback to the scene by DeadlyFoez at 6:00 PM (6,779 Views / 0 Likes) 59 replies

1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Edit: Damnit, youtube took down the video. And it was so perfect for the occasion.

First off, I REALLY want to thank mthrnite soooooo extremely much for putting himself out on the line for me once again. He has always supported me, helped me out, and really advocate for me.

I also REALLY REALLY need to thank my great friend Xflak. He has always been a friend since the first time I criticised his crazy intro videos. He even took the chance to visit me in another country even though his family warned him that I might be an axe murderer. [​IMG]

For everyone else like damysteryman and many others that have been there supported me and wanting me back here for the sake of the community, I give you my many many thanks.

Now I posted this here mostly because "Wii - Hacking" has been my home from the start. I rarely ever ventured out of here so this really seems like the most appropriate place for this thread.

For everyone. I am here to contribute. I am here to learn and help others with what I have learned. I am far from perfect and have made mistakes in the past and have given wrong answers before. I have been flamed for those things and have been a HUGE target to people just wanting to troll. This time here will be different. I'm not gonna be here flaming people and I expect the same respect back. Anyone who decides to say negative things towards me will be immediately put on my ignore list and be reported for their said action. GBAtemp does not need to be a playground for BS. The mods do not want to tolerate it (as I have learned), nor should they or the community have to deal with it.

We are all here to share ideas and help each other. Thats all I care to do from now on.

Quite honestly, I don't even really care about Wii's anymore. This scene has pretty much gone to the end of it's life cycle IMHO, but people will still need help here. I have only done the recent videos just because the Wii was very easy to work with for hardware mods and good learning grounds for the projects that I care to learn about.

I am mostly going to be putting my effort towards the PS3 scene now. As most of you know (or should know) the members of Team Twiizers (or most of the originals) are now part of Team Fail0verflow and have made some astonishing accomplishments on the PS3 including that they can sign any code they want.

Me being a hardware person more than a software person, I am going to learn what I can and try to be able to create hardware tutorials for repairs of bricked PS3's that are inevitable to happen. That is what I enjoy and my contribution back to the great community that is here.

GBAtemp has been the best home to me. I've met many great people and I am honored to be one of the few welcomed back here.

One very important thing here. Many people don't like me here. Many people enjoy targeting me bc I have been a prick to people in the past. But I am trying to turn a new leaf here (yeah, I've said that before, but now it's been a 6 month ban). But the person who is going to take the fall if it does not work out for me is mthrnite. He just want the best for the community. If things go sour with me again then he will be the one hurt with it. He does not deserve that. He is a great and very understanding moderator.

So please everyone, I don't mind constructive criticism. I dont care if you disagree with the way I do things. As long as I am being appropriate with people then there should be no reason for backlash from anyone else.

My todo list;
    Find an inexpensive way for normal users to reprogram their wii's NAND chip.
    Do some hardware hacking on the PS3 and make it user friendly.
    Blowing up wiimotes when my wife does not do dishes :evil laugh: (Expect a video soon (BTW, can anyone provide me with some C4?))

Once again. Thank you all for your support.

P.S. Mods, please let this thread stay here for at least a few days since "Wii - Hacking" is my home. Thank you.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Who are you?

3. stefanox

Member stefanox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmmm lol

Welcome Back

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    I've heard you've done very much here (xflak also told me that [​IMG]), so welcome back to gbatemp [​IMG]

5. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Welcome back Deadlyfoez, good to see you on here again. I remember you getting a load of shit on here which I personally thought was bang out of line. People had problems, you were offering a solution. Good to see your name again dude

6. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I'd normally tell you to do a search, but I had a mod delete all of my previous posts so there is almost nothing for record of me before now.

I am just a big contributor in the brick fixing part of the wii scene. If you ever get a full brick then I know how to fix it best.

7. nasune

Member nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I was wondering where you were, good to have you back.

8. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    welcome back deadlyfoez, its been boring here without you to argue with, xflak is too passive. lol jk of course, ive stopped my evil ways aswell.

the wii scene is lucky to have you back.

9. ketufe

Member ketufe GBAtemp Regular

France
    Welcome back [​IMG]

10. buffdog

Member buffdog GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  11. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Welcome back. Frankly, I was surprised you felt the need to leave, but your return in spite of rampant naysaying is probably the mature choice. There have been quite a few Wii-unbricking questions in your absence that called for more experienced help, and the Wii Hacking board just feels slow and dull without your presence.

Just don't get sucked into fights this time [​IMG]

12. redia

Member redia GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    yeah.. good to read from you.
    happy to see you are gonna be here again.
    your contributions, while most of them have been deleted have not been forgotten by people who have been here long enough..

Cheers,
    R

13. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    Foez is back HAPPY DAY!!! HAPPY DAY!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Glad to see you back.......theres only a hand full of people that dedicate a lot of their time and effort on here to help.

15. WiiShizzza

Member WiiShizzza Graphics juggler

Germany
    Good to see you back, bro.

...watch your sayings, this time. [​IMG]

16. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    wait a second were you the one that recieved bricked wii's in the mail and fixed them for people? Or maybe I'm confusing you for someone else.

Either way welcome back, I appreciate hardware/software modders, they are what keep the scene alive!

17. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Welcome back man.

18. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    From what I've seen yeah.

19. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Welcome back, man

20. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Welcome back DeadlyFoez, and Happy New Year too!

-[]D