Homebrew Emulator My collection of Single ROM Loaders for some best Wii homebrew emulators :)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
NEWS 19-02-2022
Updated the following Single ROM Loaders:
  • @Tantric's FCE Ultra GX updated to FCE Ultra GX v3.5.1 r07-02-2022.
  • @Tantric's Snes9x GX updated to Snes9x GX v4.5.2 r07-02-2022.
  • @Tantric's Visual Boy Advance GX updated to Visual Boy Advance GX v2.4.5 r07-02-2022.
  • eke-eke's Genesis Plus GX emulator updated to Genesis Plus GX v1.7.5-RC1 r13-02-2022.
  • @Extrems' Enhanced mGBA (emGBA) updated to Enhanced mGBA (emGBA) v20220105 (r05-01-2022).
Greetings to all ;)

@SaulFabre

Reactions: ber71

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
your emulators don't work original ps3 controller
not all emulators work with original DualShock 3 (PlayStation 3/PS3) controller.
Also, the PS3 controller must be connected to the USB port of the Wii console. It doesn't support wireless connection, only wired via USB cable.
I know Snes9x RX has DS3 controller support but it's experimental.

creatosbr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nem todos os emuladores funcionam com o controle original DualShock 3 (PlayStation 3/PS3).
Além disso, o controle do PS3 deve estar conectado à porta USB do console Wii. Não suporta conexão sem fio, apenas cabeada via cabo USB.
Eu sei que o Snes9x RX tem suporte ao controlador DS3, mas é experimental.
I tested here with cable and it doesn't work with the ps3 controller with cable only official retroarch with autoconfig

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: RunningSnakes

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
QUICK UPDATE 03-03-2022 20:42 (GMT -05:00)

Updated the link for DOSBox-Wii v1.7x r4301 dynrec by @retro100 (for correct a mistake found that the file to load must be a .conf file of DOSBox-Wii, not an exe file) and added the old DOS VM (virtual machine) / emulator for Wii DOSBox Wii v1.7 R1 by @Wiimpathy to SRLs.

Greetings to all ;)

saulfabreg - @SaulFabre

Latest Update News

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
NEWS 23-04-2022
  • @Tantric's FCE Ultra GX updated to FCE Ultra GX v3.5.1 r27-02-2022.
  • @Tantric's Snes9x GX updated to Snes9x GX v4.5.2 r07-03-2022.
  • @Tantric's Visual Boy Advance GX updated to Visual Boy Advance GX v2.4.5 r27-02-2022.
  • @niuus's Snes9x RX updated to Snes9x RX v5.0.0.
Added the following Single ROM Loaders:
  • My (@SaulFabre's) custom Wii64 Beta 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta5 (on both glN64 GFX and Rice GFX plugins).
Greetings to all ;)

@SaulFabre

Reactions: ber71

alexjames2320

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi SaulFabre, thanks for your amazing work! Where can I get forwarders for the loaders you created, :) I would like to keep them on my main screen on the Wii.
NEWS 23-04-2022
  • @Tantric's FCE Ultra GX updated to FCE Ultra GX v3.5.1 r27-02-2022.
  • @Tantric's Snes9x GX updated to Snes9x GX v4.5.2 r07-03-2022.
  • @Tantric's Visual Boy Advance GX updated to Visual Boy Advance GX v2.4.5 r27-02-2022.
  • @niuus's Snes9x RX updated to Snes9x RX v5.0.0.
Added the following Single ROM Loaders:
  • My (@SaulFabre's) custom Wii64 Beta 1.3 WiiFlow MOD Beta5 (on both glN64 GFX and Rice GFX plugins).
Greetings to all ;)

@SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi SaulFabre, thanks for your amazing work! Where can I get forwarders for the loaders you created, :) I would like to keep them on my main screen on the Wii.
@alexjames2320

If you want to make a SRL for your game of your preference, here's what you're looking for: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ls-of-your-favorite-retro-games-d-wii.602640/

If you're looking for forwarder channels of the homebrew emulators mentioned, look here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/x-flaks-top-wii-channels.205622/

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@SaulFabre ,

Someone was asking me how to do this on the ModMii discord, and I directed them to your tutorial. They just came back asking if this could be done without saving a copy of the emulator boot.dol for each single rom loader, and I had an idea I thought I would share here in case you want to investigate. See below where I quote myself for details

I'm sure there must be a way to code it into the forwarder and recompile it, but that might be tricky. However, I have an idea how to accomplish it without doing that, but it's untested, so I'll describe the process, and you can test and report back how it goes.

Create your forwarder dol as per usual (pointing to the standard emulator boot.dol path), but before injecting it into a channel, open the dol up in a hex editor like HxD and search for meta.xml, then edit it to be something different, like 0001.xml for example, or ABCD.xml, or something unique.

Then save a copy of the meta.xml, rename it to align with your hex edits, and customize the xml to autoboot the corresponding game. So you will have one emulator app folder, but a ton of xml files saved in the same directory (one corresponding to each of your autoboot channels)

make sense?

(again, untested, it's not risky, but I'm not 100% certain it will work as intended, but I think it should)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre ,

Someone was asking me how to do this on the ModMii discord, and I directed them to your tutorial. They just came back asking if this could be done without saving a copy of the emulator boot.dol for each single rom loader, and I had an idea I thought I would share here in case you want to investigate. See below where I quote myself for details
@XFlak
i will test this in a random SRL i have on my virtual SD. i will post the results later.

Reactions: XFlak

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@XFlak

got it.

What i did is after creating the forwarder with ModMii Forwarder Builder is opening the dol forwarder with a hex editor (I used HxD Hex Editor), and search for the string meta.xml

1657810610130.png

Then I edited it using a random text i want (ex. for my Stunt Race FX SRL, i used the ID i used for the WAD forwarder, J8FX).

1657810713290.png

Then i saved the changes and i injected the resulting DOL into the WAD forwarder.

I also not forget to modify the name of the meta.xml file for match with the xml to load specified in the dol:

edit.PNG
edit2.PNG

Loaded the game using the WAD forwarder, and it worked (loaded the arguments from J8FX.xml):

1657810910459.png

Even when it's quite interesting, i find that it's only utile if it is for your personal use only, specially if your interest is having many SRLs but with just one boot.dol of your emulator, by making lots of xmls.
Another thing that makes a plus to the previous trouble is that some games require specific versions of emulators for run, so i prefer sticking in having a boot.dol for every SRL, specially if you want to share them with the world. For example Turok 3 (N64) on all latest Not64 versions the shadows have the black square issue under the characters and enemies when on Not64 v20200514 these render fine.

Still awesome this, but my opinion is still having a boot.dol for each SRL. :P

Reactions: pedro702 and XFlak

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanted to ask this for a long time:

Would it be possible to create SLR for OpenBor by opening a specific .pak game and the same for RPGMAKER and a game?

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I wanted to ask this for a long time:

Would it be possible to create SLR for OpenBor by opening a specific .pak game and the same for RPGMAKER and a game?
i don't know. OpenBOR needs to have arguments support for WiiFlow for see if this is possible.

EDIT: I looked into WiiFlow Plugins Pack, and there is a build of OpenBOR with arguments support for WiiFlow, made by the brilliant user @Wiimpathy.
I will check its arguments used in the .ini file and i will test.

1661299390300.png

Last edited by SaulFabre,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there,

do you know if anyone is keeping SRLs for specific games (without the actually rom/game file)? I feel like there has been a collection of the Single rom loaders that people have made, just don't know where.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
hi there,

do you know if anyone is keeping SRLs for specific games (without the actually rom/game file)? I feel like there has been a collection of the Single rom loaders that people have made, just don't know where.
i know some people also released earlier Single ROM Loaders (SRLs) but these actually also included the rom file there, so i'm not sharing them here.
Some examples were G0dLiKe (maybe?), ti.teg.tnod.I, etc.

IamtheSandwicj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to play these games on vWii, the moment I press a button it crashes and starts screeching (usually somewhere between B3 on a piano to something you'd hear from a CRT)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: