My christmas present...15 years late.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So before we get to the meat and potatoes of the topic at hand, let me give you a bit of a backstory of my childhood. We moved. We moved alot. My dad was an electrical Engineer for a company called Bechtel. I would say we never stayed in one place for more than 9 months. and I had many Christmases during those years of moving.

After my dad passed, my mom was running out of money, and, long story short, we bought a house for me, my wife, my soon to be kiddo, and of course my mom. and she brought everything she owned. everything. She is a fucking hoarder, I swear to god...But I digress, that is for another blog entry entirely, SO back to the topic at hand.

In the mass migration of shit, that my mother so lovingly refers to as her belongings, we found a box. Well, we found alot of boxes, but this one was special. This box had not been opened in close to 15 years. It was a box that was never unpacked in one of our many, many moves.

In that box was something equally special, almost magical, and just in time for Christmas. I finally fucking got that BB gun I always asked for as a kid. It would be a bit too cliche to tell you it was a Daisy Red Ryder rifle, but it was a Daisy. a Daisy Powerline 1200 pistol. I almost cried.

I found out that when we moved 15 years ago, that pistol was supposed to be my christmas present, but the box got packed up, locked away and lost for what could have been an eternity.

Moral of the story? Dunno, but i'm 25 goddamned years old, and i'll shoot my eye out if I damn well please!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How awesome !
The moral is
"If you want something you get it.... sooner or later"
tongue.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Pffft, at least you got something what you wanted when you was a child! Imagine me beggin' my mother for a GameGear all I got was a fucking boggle game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.