What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So... for no reason my charger stopped working. It no longer makes the light turn orange to charge. I plugged it in alot of places. It no longer makes the high pitch noise that occurs when recharging. I'm stumped. This is out of nowhere. I DID leave it in a car which might have gotten alittle cold....but I thought this thing could take a real winter day, let along a little frosty fall night.

I'll just order a new one soon (any suggestions?? and should I get a docking pad?) .
Whats with the large style NDS batteries....anyone have on of those?
Thanks.

mfpants50

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High pitched noise? Yea, a normal one probably shouldn't make that noise. Typically causes when the capacitors or maybe transitors vibrate and rub up against each other/other things, or some other issue.

Get a new one, and avoid all 3rd party batteries

kazedemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High pitched noise? Yea, a normal one probably shouldn't make that noise. Typically causes when the capacitors or maybe transitors vibrate and rub up against each other/other things, or some other issue.

Get a new one, and avoid all 3rd party batteries
? Are you sure a normal one shouldn't make a kind-of high-pitched noise when charging the DS? Cuz mine sure does, and it seems to be working fine. And from what I see, the TC's saying that the high-pitched noise was when the charger WAS working. I typically charge my DS at night so maybe that's why I'm more perceptive of the noise, maybe you could try to listen to the DS charging some time to see if you have that noise as well, although it'll be 99% waste of a time.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol..this post is now about the high pitched noise hehe

For the record...the high pitch noise is NORMAL (I've seen many a post about it) . and indicated (for me atleast) that power was actually flowwing through the charger (since it does not charge/buzz anymore) . Like said above its like the high pitch buzz of a TV and requires a keen set of ears to pick it up (somepeople may be naturally without this scope of frequency perception). And it comes from the travel charger plugged into the wall not the DS

I haven't had access to another person's charger. So I can't truely know if it is the DS or not. The battery installed is the one that came with it. I've tried playing with the angle of tension when the cable is in but it hasn't made any contacts...

I have since ordered a replacement battery, and a USB charger (charge DS from USB port) along with anti-scratch screens and a nifty finger stylus.

When these things arrive I'll update post again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...