Hardware My CFW seems to be broken (about 9 months old)

Navi854

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played in awhile, my SysNAND is on 9.2.0-20 I think, and EmuNAND (which I can't access) is somewhere around 10.5 or 10.6.

I downloaded a .cia the other day, went to open it and it crashed so I just turned off the system. Trying to get back into EmuNAND by opening Luma3DS just crashes or brings me back to my file browser.

Do I want to update my SysNAND to 11.3 and work from there? Or just follow an old guide to attempt reinstalling Luma completely?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unfortunately, the latest fw is 11.4 and that is not hackable.
if you can still get into your 9.2 firmware, go for a a9lh install

https://3ds.guide/get-started

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update your sysnand and Luma

do not, i emphasize, do not do that before you have followed the above guide to install a9lh.
he's assuming you already have a9lh installed. if you update your sysnand now, that will be that for emulation and homebrew.

Reactions: Deleted User

Navi854

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I was only going to update if needed. The guide for installing A9LH says I should be on 2.1.0, am I to downgrade to that?

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I was only going to update if needed. The guide for installing A9LH says I should be on 2.1.0, am I to downgrade to that?

It tells you how to downgrade then restore your firmware back to its original version you started on. Make sure to copy nand backups to a safe location.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Update your sysnand and Luma
That is the worst possible suggestion to ever give without knowing the entrypoint the OP is running. It looks like the OP was running MenuHAX and by suggesting updating the sysNAND, you would completely removed their CFW and removed all access to their emuNAND. Please don't just give blind suggestions like that without at least asking what entrypoint the OP is running.

As for the OP, I am a rather concerned that your emuNAND might actually be broken. If it refuses to boot and crashes upon boot. If you do go about setting up A9LH, test to see if you can access the emuNAND with Luma3DS before flashing the NAND to your sysNAND.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."