My CFW seems to be broken (about 9 months old)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Navi854, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Navi854
    OP

Navi854 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2015
    United States
    I haven't played in awhile, my SysNAND is on 9.2.0-20 I think, and EmuNAND (which I can't access) is somewhere around 10.5 or 10.6.

I downloaded a .cia the other day, went to open it and it crashed so I just turned off the system. Trying to get back into EmuNAND by opening Luma3DS just crashes or brings me back to my file browser.

Do I want to update my SysNAND to 11.3 and work from there? Or just follow an old guide to attempt reinstalling Luma completely?

2. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Update your sysnand and Luma

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    unfortunately, the latest fw is 11.4 and that is not hackable.
    if you can still get into your 9.2 firmware, go for a a9lh install

https://3ds.guide/get-started

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

do not, i emphasize, do not do that before you have followed the above guide to install a9lh.
    he's assuming you already have a9lh installed. if you update your sysnand now, that will be that for emulation and homebrew.

MyLegGuy likes this.
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    As has already been said, do not update your sysNAND. Follow the above guide while on 9.2.

5. Navi854
    OP

Navi854 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2015
    United States
    Thank you, I was only going to update if needed. The guide for installing A9LH says I should be on 2.1.0, am I to downgrade to that?

6. doughmay

doughmay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    The Temp
    It tells you how to downgrade then restore your firmware back to its original version you started on. Make sure to copy nand backups to a safe location.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    That is the worst possible suggestion to ever give without knowing the entrypoint the OP is running. It looks like the OP was running MenuHAX and by suggesting updating the sysNAND, you would completely removed their CFW and removed all access to their emuNAND. Please don't just give blind suggestions like that without at least asking what entrypoint the OP is running.

As for the OP, I am a rather concerned that your emuNAND might actually be broken. If it refuses to boot and crashes upon boot. If you do go about setting up A9LH, test to see if you can access the emuNAND with Luma3DS before flashing the NAND to your sysNAND.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Apr 23, 2017