My cat died :(

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My mum called me today saying that my cat, Rex had passed away while he was sleeping
cry.gif
He was only 4
frown.gif
. He was really sick. We hadn't seen for a week and then he wandered inside one day and he was really skinny. He ate a little bit every day. Then my mum checked on him this morning and he was making strange coughing sounds, then he went to sleep. My mum found him a couple hours ago still warm but he was dead. My family buried him 20 minutes ago in my backyard :'( And on top of all this my pa had a stroke and he has only just came out of the hospital. He is 87 BTW. So yeah. Pretty sucky week

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so sorry. I know how it is to lose a beloved pet. My first cat of nearly 20 years (he was older than I was), he was really great. He would sleep with me in my crib as a baby to make sure I was always watched over. I still regret that I didn't appreciate him as much when I was in my pre-teen years. And in a similar turn of events as your own my grandfather and the cat I mentioned earlier died in the same week. Of course this was quite some time ago, but it still hurts. Plus, my mom, I can't even imagine how she felt. She lost her father AND the cat she'd cherished since long before I was born. So I can completely relate. :'(

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear it brother.

Go to the animal shelter and save a poor kitty's life, in Rex's memory.
Sorry to hear about your grandpa too. I hope he's fairin' alright.
Y'know, maybe he'd like a nice kitty too. I'd ask.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Take care, as a child I never had thoughts of getting one...and after I grew up I don't have the courage to, knowing that things like these would happen, it's only a matter of time.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

He has Alzheimer's. He doesnt even know who I am(Which is the hardest part)
frown.gif
He has a dog which keeps him company(and his wife
wink.gif
)

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

frown.gif
wink.gif
)

Are you... me?
blink.gif
Seriously, my grandfather's situation was exactly the same. Man, I can really sympathize on all counts.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

frown.gif
wink.gif
)

Are you... me?
blink.gif
Seriously, my grandfather's situation was exactly the same. Man, I can really sympathize on all counts.

Do you like Heavy Metal and Hard Rock by any chance
tongue.gif
I have a big feeling my pa will pass away this week
cry.gif

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, I really should feel sorry. However, I haven't felt sorry for anything that happened to anyone else, and nothing in my life has seemed like a big deal, since my sister had a stroke.

I'm sorry that I don't care.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Do you like Heavy Metal and Hard Rock by any chance
tongue.gif
I have a big feeling my pa will pass away this week
cry.gif

Not to get off-topic, but I do, actually. I'm more a fan of rock as a whole, but yes. And I'd like to comment on mthr's suggestion. That's actually not a bad idea. It can always hurt to get a new pet, especially soon after losing an old one, but sometimes it's just the ticket. When my cat died my dog become extremely depressed. And as odd as that sounds, it's very true. He literally did nothing but mope and whimper for two weeks. So we finally bit the bullet and brought a new cat home from the SPCA, not for us, but for him. Not only did he slowly snap out of his weird doggy funk, but a new pet in the family brightened up our demeanor.
smile.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My aunty's husband. I want to puch him in the face.

I was walking inside after my dad got off the phone with my mum and told me and my little brothers. He says to me

"Whats the the time Tom"

Me- "No clue"

Then him being the most insensitive prick in the world says back "Time for a new cat"

I wanted to kick him in the balls and then tell him its time for some new testicles
mad.gif

EDIT -Thanks for the kind words mthrnite and Ace Gunman
grog.gif
It guys like you that make this forum great. My mum wants to get a new dog. We don't want another cat, because there are a ton of feral cats around are and I suspect that may be why he died
unsure.gif
I do like mthrnite's suggestion of getting one from the RSPCA
unsure.gif

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude, it's just a cat. It may seem like a big deal now, but it's not that bad. I've had like 3 or 4 cats die. It's ok and worse things could've happened.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
zeppo if you feel that way kindly leave this discussion. You're only making the poor guy feel worse. Some people consider pets a very important part of the family, not just as commodities that are a dozen a box.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when my fist dog died I couldn't stop myself from crying every time I thought about it... for almost a month... it still makes me sad and I still miss him

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dude, it's just a cat. It may seem like a big deal now, but it's not that bad. I've had like 3 or 4 cats die. It's ok and worse things could've happened.

He was a massive part of my family. He was originally bought to get rid of the rats at my old place ( He did a damn good job BTW
biggrin.gif
) and then he stayed
wub.gif
I do get what you mean, but thats only because you have had lots of pets die. I have had a guinea pig and a dog die. i am not very use to death you see.......

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I would like to add that perhaps that uncle is just acting as a regular dispassionated adult. There are so many people dying all over the world on a daily basis, but some are just too occupied with their lifes to even care, much less dying pets. Death is part of life, part of the life cycle anyway....you will grow to accept it over the years.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to add that perhaps that uncle is just acting as a regular dispassionated adult. There are so many people dying all over the world on a daily basis, but some are just too occupied with their lifes to even care, much less dying pets. Death is part of life, part of the life cycle anyway....you will grow to accept it over the years.

He doesn't care
dry.gif
I do not classify him as a uncle on account of him being a prick to me. No one ever truly accepts death
unsure.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The thing about this comparison business is that it's BS. Yes there are thousands of people who died in Africa while I typed this, and somewhere in the world someone is being molested. But it's not a pain competition, these things should not be compared. One man lost his job, another has cancer. Just because there are different levels of severity to pain does not mean that one person's pain is necessarily less important or meaningful.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yes, there is an individual element involved with such emotions. It is a matter of how much empathy should be expected from others. For people who do not place much importance on pets or animals in the first place, somebody else's pain in that department would not be so readily acknowledged.

edit: The reference to human death is merely an attempt to point out that if dying humans can be disregarded (they don't have to be in Africa, they can be *anywhere*), the same thing can be expected for dying pets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head