My cat broke my master system!

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cat jumped up on my dresser and my master system fell and the side plastic broke off. Luckily it still works but still. I own it as a collectors item, I'd rather it not work than be physically broken.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:
get some freaking gorilla glue and fix the damn thing!
Wtf? Gorilla glue? I think you mean crazy glue.

Have you been sniffing any?
gorilla glue is for bigger things
usually comes in large bottles

crazy glue is mainly used for small things

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
triassic911 said:
RchUncleSkeleton said:
get some freaking gorilla glue and fix the damn thing!
Wtf? Gorilla glue? I think you mean crazy glue.

Have you been sniffing any?
gorilla glue is for bigger things
usually comes in large bottles

crazy glue is mainly used for small things

Actually Gorilla Glue can be used for anything and comes in small bottle, actually smaller than a standard elmers glue bottle....gorilla glue is super strong, it bonds quickly and holds strong for many things not just big things. Crazy glue doesn't bond very strong, it's super sticky but will break easily upon little tension. I've used Gorilla Glue for several things including a tuning head on my guitar that the screw whole got stripped out on and it works very well...especially under the high tension and wear it gets from constantly being turned. The only thing I've used crazy glue on is my PS2 controller when the R1 Pad came loose inside and was folded under itself, so I just glued the corner down and put the controller back together and it worked well...but that doesn't put any tension on the glued spot. Plus Gorilla Glue can be sanded and painted over.

Check out this site for info on it: http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues/gorillaglue/index.aspx

As far as the system I'm gonna suggest you use velcro pads on the feet of all your systems and the same on the surface they sit on so it would take a little force to remove the console from the surface.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krazy glue can hold up to pressure

my phone case cracked (very quickly after I got it, like a day to be exact after putting it on the phone) and the crack kept spreading due to pressure still on it till it reached the middle hole where the screen is where it finally stopped

I put krazy glue in between the cracks and held it in place for a little while to set then let it fully set it for a couple of hours then put it back on my phone and currently works fine for the last week, didnt break the bond under pressure

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
krazy glue can hold up to pressure

my phone case cracked (very quickly after I got it, like a day to be exact after putting it on the phone) and the crack kept spreading due to pressure still on it till it reached the middle hole where the screen is where it finally stopped

I put krazy glue in between the cracks and held it in place for a little while to set then let it fully set it for a couple of hours then put it back on my phone and currently works fine for the last week, didnt break the bond under pressure

I'm sure crazy glue works good for bonding plastic to plastic and for small things that don't exert a force of more than 5lbs of pressure...but if you're trying to bond metal to wood or plastic to metal or even metal to metal crazy glue just isn't going to cut it, and when you're gluing something that's constantly exerting 20lbs of pressure then crazy glue will snap under that tension. If you want a job done right the first time use gorilla glue.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt you ever see the old krazy glue commercial?
it could support a grown man's weight (granted the drying time was a while) but none the less it actually held in place wood to metal
thats why the logo has a man hanging by his hardhat from the name

then super glue had one very early before that where bonded metal with super glue in between lifted a 3000lb car and they added about another 2000lbs to it before the bond broke
and thats why the super glue logo has a picture of a car being lifted in it

unlike today they didnt make this stuff up, then and the super glue one was actually tested on some game show called clever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZg9-VdQr8

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
My cat jumped up on my dresser and my master system fell and the side plastic broke off. Luckily it still works but still. I own it as a collectors item, I'd rather it not work than be physically broken.

and you cut its balls off, I guess its even now

Konachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:

Brake the cat, make it even. lol jk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: At least it's not Poken00bs any more.