My cart wont stay in!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chazmann, Aug 6, 2008.

1. chazmann
    OP

chazmann Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2006
    United States
    Alright, so I have been playing my ds lite with my r4 cart in....and out of no where the cart will shoot out. It used to take a couple days for it to do that....but now, it just wont stay in at ALL.

I have even tried electrical tape so I could atleast play FFIV. But halfway through that, the cart shot up again. UGH.

Is there ANY way to fix this before I end up super gluing this damn thing into place?

2. superdude

superdude GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
  3. chazmann
    OP

chazmann Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2006
    United States
    I''m not comprehending the message you're trying to convey here.

The spring is obviously in there. It just refuses to LOCK into place. So if I were to take apart my ds...how would I go about fixing that?

Anyone else with this same issue....or had this happen before?

Thank you!

4. Joey90

Joey90 Not around any more

Apr 21, 2007
    UK
    When you open the DS you can't get inside of the DS slot, so there is no hope of fixing it via that route.*

More importantly, does it work with a genuine cart?

If it doesn't, then you can't really do anything about it.

Unless you are under warranty, in which case you could send it off to nintendo for repair [​IMG]

*without desoldering the entire slot and removing it, which would be a very unwise thing to do...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice