Hacking my bricked wii i just installed a wiikey

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it's your pad, I think you crushed it. just throwing that out there, I could easily be wrong....but I'd try a diff pad before I swapped drives, thats just me.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
Hmmm this has given me a little idea WiiCrazy do you have a higher res image of that pic I could borrow?

Here you are :
CODEhttp://www.tepetaklak.com/images/DSC01042.JPG

Posts merged

Just to confirm it works, I'll do the soldering too
wink.gif

Tonight! A gc pad's demise!

Oh no, gave up I paid $15 for it, instead I'll cross two matchsticks and will put a conductor on each end
smile.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tried 2 pads today.... And I tried... ~1000 times...
Maybe it's just not a good day today....
At least I got my own wii fixed... Wonder what my friend did with this one.

Before I swap drives 2morrow I watch out for a third pad...

what buggers me most is, that his wii is equipped with a brand new wiikey and no auto boot method works... maybe it's really a very bad brick...

Just remember:
Someone, somewhere metioned the different colors in the "system-loading-animation"
White channels with black wii on them and
Gray channels with white wii written on them....

Does this tells anybody anything?

//EDIT:
before I soldered the spots, I taped some aluminum foil on the spots. didn't work...

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you clean the pads first they have some lets call it "STUFF" on them that should be removed before soldering

Thanks WiiCrazy for the pic okay you can add a small switch/button like so just tuck the wires round the back of the controller drill a small hole in the housing and have a usable pad with a savemiifrii button as long as you keep tight to the edges and use a thin gauge wire.

DSC01042.jpg

Option 2 if you've killed the D-pad section you can join the area where the purple/pinkish line is with a line of solder after scratching the surface off to reveal the copper traces this is a permanent fix tho
OPTION2.jpg

sorry for taking so long I was baking a crumble
biggrin.gif

WiiShizzza is there any chance you have blown a fuse on the controller port?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
I've tried 2 pads today.... And I tried... ~1000 times...
Maybe it's just not a good day today....
At least I got my own wii fixed... Wonder what my friend did with this one.

Before I swap drives 2morrow I watch out for a third pad...

what buggers me most is, that his wii is equipped with a brand new wiikey and no auto boot method works... maybe it's really a very bad brick...

Wiikey is a good chip for this unbricking matters, just ensure that the chip actually works
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Just remember:
Someone, somewhere metioned the different colors in the "system-loading-animation"
White channels with black wii on them and
Gray channels with white wii written on them....

Does this tells anybody anything?

That's the worst part of these forums... information get lost rightaway... I did construct such sentences with black and white and about the system menu... but I am not sure if you are talking about them...

//EDIT:
before I soldered the spots, I taped some aluminum foil on the spots. didn't work...

Well I put some small wires on to the contact points... and taped them, and on boot pressed on them by my fingers... it didn't work...
Aligned and put the membrane as usual, put a coin to make pressure and taped it... 100% success rate
wink.gif

coinontop.jpg

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what a mod, dude!!
biggrin.gif

that's pretty dirty... But come on... that's how it got to look like
wink.gif

Really like it.

Great, to see those pictures. It's exactly what I did a couple of hours ago.
Would love to see your faces while building^^

Anyway, I think my pad is just crap. We have some lil second hand store around here, I'll get me a gc-pad for 3€ and try again, tomorrow.

I really need to get into the recover-mode to check if that build in wiikey even work (autoboot)
Maybe also the chip is faulty. (Anyone know a way except swaping modded drive with unbricked wii to see if chip works...)
I don't want to wait ~1 week to get a savemii to then know that i bricked me that bad and savemii is useless...

It must be the pad....
...cos it worked before...

P.S.: Any method to reanimate the contacts of the gc-pad rubber nubs?
"GC-Inlay" is cleaned with 68%alc + a lil bit of Davidoff^^

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
what a mod, dude!!
biggrin.gif

that's pretty dirty... But come on... that's how it got to look like
wink.gif

Really like it.

Great, to see those pictures. It's exactly what I did a couple of hours ago.
Would love to see your faces while building^^

Anyway, I think my pad is just crap. We have some lil second hand store around here, I'll get me a gc-pad for 3€ and try again, tomorrow.

I really need to get into the recover-mode to check if that build in wiikey even work (autoboot)
Maybe also the chip is faulty. (Anyone know a way except swaping modded drive with unbricked wii to see if chip works...)
I don't want to wait ~1 week to get a savemii to then know that i bricked me that bad and savemii is useless...

It must be the pad....
...cos it worked before...

P.S.: Any method to reanimate the contacts of the gc-pad rubber nubs?
"GC-Inlay" is cleaned with 68%alc + a lil bit of Davidoff^^

I would have gone soldering but gc pads are not that cheap here in Turkey
wink.gif

Though I don't know if I would/could reassembly the thing and work like a normal pad after tearing apart and so much playing with it...

Maybe it's better to enclose it in a box and sell it to repair shops for 20$
smile.gif
The coin there is just 25 kurush... 1/6 $

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
Im just waiting for Mrs Wiisel to bugger of to bed so I can start burning holes in her kitchen worktop will try and get some pics with my naff phone

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't Dance Pads like $19.00 and then you not only have your way into recovery mode but also a functional dance pad. I got a good 10 minutes of dance use out of my dance pad before i was bored with it (well i was actually bored about 9 1/2 of the 10 minutes i used it). BTW, i found the best way to use the dancepad to get to recovery mode is to get down on your knees and use your knees and feet diagonally to activate the direction switches, that leaves one hand free for the wii power button and one hand free for pocket pool.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That just takes out the fun unless it twister
biggrin.gif

It appers the superpad pro I was going to mod only needs a piece of plastic taken out from behind the D-pad and I dont want to screw up my only official GC pad will see if I can grab another over the weekend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM