my brick situation.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by armageddan, Jul 10, 2009.

Jul 10, 2009

my brick situation. by armageddan at 6:39 AM (1,527 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. armageddan
    OP

Newcomer armageddan Advanced Member

United States
    ok so my nintendo wii is on 3.2 (u) firmware, and has bootmii2 installed. it's fully bricked and since i only have bootmii installed, i can't install anyt apps that need to use the wii controller. is there any way to get preloader to work with the gamecube controller or can i install it with bootmii? it's just really making me mad, because i can do everything wth homebrew except install new apps that i REALLY need to recover my wii's system menu.

EDIT: sorry for the double post my comp's internet just crapped out on me for a sec.

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    How did you brick it?

Also since its installed as boot2 why didnt you backup your nand when you installed bootmii? Kinda pointless to even install it unless your gonna backup your nand.

3. armageddan
    OP

United States
    yeah i know. i guess in hindsight i should've backed up my nand, but i didn't. and i don't really remember how i got it bricked. it might've happened because of messing around with cios installers and such. or maybe the fact i formatted my wii with preloader on it. obviously it doesn't work. and is there anything out there that i can use with my gamecube controller? other than that wad manager mod. is it possible to install preloader using wad files? lol right about now i feel like kicking myself in the ass for not making a nand backup [​IMG]

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    How would Preloader help you? Use Wad Manager to install the System Menu again.

5. armageddan
    OP

United States
    i've tried, it doesn't do anything. the screen still goes black. is it because of a bad wad? if it is i don't know what it would be becuase i've lost track of some of the wads i've installed. anyways i g2g bed now so i'll check this post tomorrow for reply's [​IMG].

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, Preloader wouldn't help you reinstall your system menu since Preloader depends on the menu being there in the first place. If you can't get the normal Wad Manager to work you should try running the special wad manager off of cboot2. Hopefully that one has GCN controller support

7. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    is it just me or have a lot of ppl been bricking there wii's lately simply because they don't take precautions such as a bootmii nand backup and preloader, things that should be easily done with a little common knowledge and research?
    really is it that hard to do?
    anyway...
    as the above said try cboot2 if all else fails there were some cboot2 files(look it up) that were already compiled here somewhere at one point in time(possibly not anymore).
    anyway if you can't compile it your self on your own wii you maybe could get someone to make this for you precompiled ( not me i don't even have the files anymore)
    then replace it with bootmii's files(after coping the bootmii files to your desktop or a folder on your pc) then you could use the wad manger that comes with it to reinstall your system menu, ios files, uninstall bad wads ect and such.
    though i can't be sure if the gc controller will work or not(i think it does though so give it a shot if you can), if you look there may be a custom version of wad manger that supports the gc controller.
    also when and if you do get your wii fix'd make an nand backup and be more careful of what you do to /install on your wii.

8. armageddan
    OP

United States
    i've already found a custom wad manager that supports it, but i don't know what files i need to install to get the system menu back up. it's system-menu v289 for usa right? [​IMG]

EDIT: lol once i get my wii back running to normal i'm definetly going to make a nand backup and then install preloader.

9. armageddan
    OP

United States
    lol is ANYONE there?????]

EDIT: ok so i tried installing both the system menu v289 and the 4.0 version with their needed cios's but it still goes to a black screen. right now i have the version 4.0 menu with cios 60 installed. why won't it load to the system menu?!?!?!?!?!?!? [​IMG]

10. armageddan
    OP

United States
  11. armageddan
    OP

United States
    HELLOOOO? anyone there? [​IMG] i could really use the help....

12. icebrg5

United States
    If its a banner brick then it doesnt matter what ios files you install its not gonna load the system menu until you get rid of the wad that caused the brick in the first place.If thats what indeed caused the brick.

Did all this happen right after you installed a wad?

If so then its probly a banner brick.

If you havent installed any wads for some time and it just stopped loading the system menu then i doubt its a banner brick.With a banner brick as soon as the bad wad is installed you would see the brick not days or weeks after installing a wad.

13. armageddan
    OP

United States
    it's not a banner brick, because it none of the wads i installed didn't mess it up. i tried using the tital detector or w/e but it kept on giving me an error that it couldn't connect the wii remotes (that's where bootmii problems come in [​IMG] is there a way to use it with a gamecube controller? that's my main problem, almost all the wii homebrew stuff requires the nintendo wii remote. it's kind of a set back if you ask me since bootmii loads before the wii remotes can connect.

14. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    couple of quick questions,

1. Can you turn on your Wii with your Wiimote?

2. If you can turn on your Wii with your Wiimote, do you loose Wiimote Sync after entering HBC? and in all other homebrew from bootmii

If you answer no to question 1, your Bluetooth Module has went bad.

if you answer yes to question 2 its almost sounds like you may have un-installed your system menu some time in the past and then have re-installed it, Which doesn't re-install your Sysconf Is this possible?

if so try this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158091 look at post 3 for fix.Rar, also this may not even be your problem and i may be way off

now i'm just guessing your problem, sense it hasn't been confirmed yet

Good Luck

15. armageddan
    OP

United States
    @wiiblaster
    question 1: yes i can, it works fine whenever i play a game through homebrew.
    question 2:like i said, since bootmii boots up BEFORE the wii remotes do i can't use them and when i go to homebrew via bootmii it still doesn't connect.

i'll look into your theory, but it may or may not work..

EDIT: yes!!! it worked!!! thank you very much for the help. this just saved me 85$ [​IMG]

EDIT: ok so now i've gotten my wii unbricked i'm wondering how to get rid of everything so i can re-update my nintendo wii so i can have a fresh system? because i still have some bad nand blocks.

16. shawncac

Newcomer shawncac Newbie

United States
    there will always be bad nand blocks no mater what you do. it's just how it is

17. armageddan
    OP

United States
    oh, so it's not that i've installed anything incorrectly it's just there because of all the homebrew stuff?

18. armageddan
    OP

United States
    oh, so it's not that i've installed anything incorrectly it's just there because of all the homebrew stuff?

19. icebrg5

United States
    They come from the factory that way.
    Nothing you can do about it.
    The makers of bootmii said its normal for the wii to have up to 80 bad blocks and still be ok.

I got two wii's.One has one bad block and the other has two bad blocks.