My brand new VG248QE 144HZ ASUS Monitor came...

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by jonthedit, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jonthedit
    OP

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    ^ and it has one dead pixel.
    It's not too noticeable, but I've heard that ASUS sends you a refurbished monitor if you send in your damaged new one. I want a NEW monitor not a refurbished one!
    The pixel isn't noticeable without going hunting (mid-left screen, white dead pixel)
    Only shows up on pure black screens (backlight bleed test)

So considering LCDs are prone to this sort of thing, should I just cope with this one dead pixel? Other then that I got lucky - No backlight bleed- colors are wonderful-

With G-Sync tech just around the corner should I wait to get the monitor with the new G-Sync?

2. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    The first monitor with G-Sync is going to be a VG248QE, so if you're not afraid to open up your monitor, you could just buy the DIY upgrade kit instead of having to buy a new monitor.
    And personally, I'd still send the monitor in over the dead pixel. I'd rather have a refurbished one that works perfectly instead of a new one that has a defect.

3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Double check the dead pixel policy of the vendor. Many state they will not replace a monitor for anything less than 3 dead pixels.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  5. jonthedit
    OP

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    I managed to make a deal with the manufacturer and got a brand new one with no charge (shipping included) so I can say everything turned out fine

6. jonthedit
    OP

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    It arrived today...
    and LOW AND BEHOLD:
    ANOTHER F&*@!#ckihgniansuiahsih DEAD PIXEL.

This is ridiculous. I guess I'll have to live with it. Using UnDead Pixel 2.2, and minimized the size of the pixel.
    Thankfully its mostly only noticeable on black.

Pressure trick doesn't work.