My brand new memory card has 2.5 - 3 GB LESS space then my old 64 GB HOW?

Chrisssj2 Aug 31, 2016.

1. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo SkyTom

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I imagine it was either a returned card sent as new, or it was just an early card that hadn't been sold. I personally wouldn't buy any storage device from any Chinese-based retailer simply because of all the fakes around, but that's just me.

And yeah, Play Asia's support is iffy at best a majority of the time, so you're either going to be stuck waiting or you can stop whining about 3GBs.

migles likes this.
  2. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ye i can see how pppl can see it as "whining" about 3GB. but i paid premium price for it if it has one GB less im gonna be angry, i think i am within my right to be.
    + my 64 GB i can't 1:1 restore to this card from my other memory card if I want to.. is a nuisance.

I think i had no other option because EBay I dont trust at all when it comes to memory cards, and amazon, dont have a creditcard option or a friend. so it was basically playasia or nothing..

3. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    I have 64GB card and it's actually 59.6GB.
    You have the right to complain.

PS:dlc will installed on system memory for some reason.

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  4. Chrisssj2
    OP

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Yes, and those 59.6 might be rounded upwards in the content mananger i think.
    0_0. I doubt that? i have borderlands DLC etc. and it is on my memory card. i dont think it would fit of system memory of the vita. (dont know how big it is. but borderlands dlc is quite big)

5. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    where did you guys purchase your 64 gig vita mem card from ?

and how much was the final cost (with shipping) ?
    thanks.

6. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan

7. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    hot damn, 110 euros ,that is more than 110$.

i will need some time to save up for the 64gig then i guess :/ ,for now i will just get the actual console.

8. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes,from content manager first time i used it,i didn't have anything on my Vita that time.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I bought it from local game store in my city,it was coming from Hong Kong i guess,paid 320SR ($85) for it,the 32GB was $60.

9. comfaithgenesisr

comfaithgenesisr GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2009
    Internet
    I just got a new 64gb ps vita memory card which arrived today and it is showing 57gb honestly it probably would not have bothered me but i saw this thread before my card arrived then when i went into system information it shows 57gb... but is this not normal because from what i read its meant to be 59gb or something right?

You mean restoring the settings, right? tried that did not fixed it sadly

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  10. Chrisssj2
    OP

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    It's ment to read 60 GB. meanse 59.6 GB gets rounded UP to 60 GB. i cant see why my other memory card would say 60 GB.
    Seems there is something going on here...

11. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Is your card Korean? The one I got had Korean writing on it and it
    has 57gb as well.

12. comfaithgenesisr

comfaithgenesisr GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2009
    Internet
    @invaderyoyo
    yes it has korean writing, so maybe it has something to do with the version korean or japan etc,,,, ?

@Chrisssj2
    do you which version is each of your memory cards ?

-----

who knows what it is but I had little choice I looked in every store in the city and only one place had a 4gb card
    I could not find anything, ordering online was only choice and seems that even uk sellers are selling these korean imports
    looked for japan imports but they seem to go for more from what options i could have

im just concerned for long term if gets corrupted or stops working etc... in the future

13. Denny64

Denny64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Got my brand new PCH-Z641G 64GB also 57GB, so I guess JP 64GB is 59/60GB K 64GB is 57GB :wink:

14. Madobe Ai

Madobe Ai Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    Moe
    best post I've read this week :rofl2:

15. mokmoki

mokmoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    are there fakes of vita memory cards now?

16. FinalStrike

FinalStrike Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    United States
    Going Insomniac
    I wonder .... can you check CMA and look under system usage and can you tell me how much system usage is taking up?

17. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    yah,i wonder where those file is.

18. FinalStrike

FinalStrike Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    United States
    Going Insomniac
    If someone can figure the directory out im dashing to my vita to delete them through vitashell/ henkaku

19. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo SkyTom

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    That's not the issue, as it's reporting a total of 57GB, not 57GB available.

As to this, anything under "System Usage" is basically miscellaneous files not covered by the other categories in CMA. Things like data files for homebrew, ROMs for emulators and other such stuff falls under "System usage", so if yours seems oddly large it's more than likely it's just ROMs/homebrew taking up that space. There are official files that count as well from Sony, but I'm not sure anyone has figured out what they are or where they're located and if they're necessary or not since the size usually shrinks if you format the memory card. But, generally, they don't take up too much space on their own. I think the most I've ever seen someone mention is like 300MB or so when not running any hacks on one of the larger cards.

20. FinalStrike

FinalStrike Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    United States
    Going Insomniac
    taking up about 111MB on my 16GB card, and frankly it is alot considering you can have about 2 small indie games, and it seems to exponentially increase every time I download games from PSN or a back up from pc.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted