Hacking My Backups of Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart aren't working

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my games to make backups, I've been using my wii over wifi to do it, I have softmii 1.0 installed and I've backed up da blob and boom blox flawlessly but my Mario Kart and SMG Backups show the icon in the disc channel and display the wrist strap warning screen but then hang up with a black screen that eventually go to a cannot read disc error. I've tried using gamma loader and I cannot get anything to work. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well first of all if i were you i would support Nintendo by getting legal copies of those games, but you do need help so make sure you used a DVD-R. make sure you burned it at the slowest speed. Some disks might not work despite doing all these. I reccomend Vertabim DVD-R's. They are extremely cheap and the best DVD's around in my opinion.

Linkweskerleon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the official wii game then burn it at 2x speed works 4 me like a charm
wink.gif

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If i were you, id just give up on burning wii games. All wii has to offer these days our movie games and baby games. And rip-offs too. We have to wait like 2 more years for another mario or zelda game and Dead Space wii isnt coming out till holiday 09.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Painguy said:
Well first of all if i were you i would support Nintendo by getting legal copies of those games, but you do need help so make sure you used a DVD-R. make sure you burned it at the slowest speed. Some disks might not work despite doing all these. I reccomend Vertabim DVD-R's. They are extremely cheap and the best DVD's around in my opinion.

Verbatim DVD-Rs are not that cheap, especially compared to other DVD brands.

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have the actual games right in front of me, I just find it really weird that my boom blox and da blob made perfect copies but my first party games don't work. I am using dvd-r and I don't have any gamecube items plugged into my system. For Mario Kart I've actually ripped it twice, and burned it 4 times using various speeds each time. Is there any sort of patch or anything I could do that might help?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious.... Why patch it with the ios patcher to a 249 ? I dont need it and it works fine. It might be need for House of the Dead 2 but not Super Mario Galaxy.

STANirvanaIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same problem before, don't bother with the burn speed, just make sure you're using good quality dvd-r's. For me i can burn a game 10 times on a TDK dvd-r and it still won't load (despite being a successful burn) it freezes right where you say, but i use a better dvd-r and it works. Burning speed really doesn't matter as long as your burner in't archaic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't tell the BBWs they love chocolate 🥰