My awesome report about Demoparty

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by rest0re, Nov 7, 2007.

Nov 7, 2007
  1. rest0re
    OP

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Well demoparty.. it looks like lan, but it's really not. It's more like hackercon. Hackercon what is 24/7 and lanparty combined.
    Except there is not much gaming there.
    Youtube video of general impression thru fisheye lens i'm there in one point. I'm not gonna tell where. I'm actually in background. Also people seemed to be drunk, it was because there was open bar till late. So it was bit different than usual lan.

Also there was nice performance by DHBB (David Hasselhoff Big Band)
    A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a band which does not exist. David Hasselhoff Big Band, a young group on a crusade, to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of music industry which operates above the law...
    Too bad there wasn't any David Hasselhoff [​IMG]
    First song...
    And Al Lowe visited... and he played with DHBB
    Al love playing...
    Al Lowe is famous gamedesigner who made Leisure Suit Larry

Whole demoparty was won by demo made with ZX Spectrum 128k russian clone. Here is binary
    I dont know which is good emulator. I use Speculator but I dont need to see it because I saw it live there...

Anyway it was nice gathering and I had some fun. JaSoft supposed to make demo but it is still delayed until our coder comes from army. Anyway it was nice to grab couple beers and drink with old pals and watch demos

- Rest0re/JaSoft

2. Movi

Newcomer Movi Advanced Member

Poland
    But was there any BASS?

Movi

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I would love to have a look but I am on dial up still and there is no way I am hanging on for that.

Thanks for the report though rest0re I always like hearing about these things.