My Argumentative speech!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Balrogs.Pain, Sep 28, 2008.

Sep 28, 2008
  1. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, i was given a speech to do tommarrow, and right now im dumbfounded because i have no clue what to say, since im on the opposite side i want to be. Heres what we do, i was givin a quote which pretty much says Why do people avoid the military, because they dont wanna die. It seems sensible and its silly to complain about educated rich people not enlisting, when the option is voluntary and is a choice for the individual in the free market. Now i need GBAtemps help for me to form the basic ideas and thought (Im not making a speech, just giving points and i can probably expand the rest) so i wont fail my english class. Personally i know all of the reasons to join, atleast economically (the real assignment says, Is Rosen correct in his observation that voluntary service in the military is an economic choice and that those who do not volunteer are acting rationally) To get money because its a fast way to make money, and if you really need to it helps you out in tough times, especially if you have a wife and kids because they boost your paycheck to cover them also. But i need some counter points and points for why you would want to join besides for the money. So guys, LETS BRAINSTORM!

my only real idea is to actually WANT to become like some 5 star seargent general who commands insignificant soldiers. Your turn!
    Also, if your part of congress then you might want to have a military backround, since well it used to be common and they would probably hire you to be there if you do.
    (Also you can post either side, just try and give me some counter points)

2. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    love for your country?
    your interested in the type of work (technology, fighting, ???, profit)
    see the world...

3. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    A penis enlargement is fine, too.

4. Balrogs.Pain
    OP

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thanks! those are pretty good reasons, and i forgot about being able to travel everywhere when in t he army. XP