Hacking My AK2i appears to have broke my DSi >_<

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, There I was, about to play one of my games using my Acekard on my NDSi and half way through playing, the touch screen becomes really unrepsonsive, so I restart and calibrate but it doesn't work. Then the backlight on my screen goes bust and kaput and my DSi is broke. Now at first even I thought it my DSi, but the real damning blow comes up when I boot it up on my old DSL and chose a different game, the damn thing does the same to my DSL.

Anyone have any idea why this is? Or am I right in suspecting that one of my saves/files on my SD card has become fudged up and messed my DSi and DSL up?

I've got to find my receipt for my DSi before I can send it to Nintendo for repair, but the chances are they'll make me fork out money I don't have >_> I'm only 15 with no job and I don't want to have to ask my parents >_<

Any help is greatly appreciated =D!

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
It's probably a broken fuse on both consoles, although this defect is usually related to certain cheap flashcarts. Can you by any chance remember if your cart was fake or original?

As far as I know the DSi has a 1year warranty so you should be able to replace it with a new one.

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but Shattered, It only happened when I put the Acekard2i in both consoles, surely not a coincidence?

The AK2i was most definitely real, I bought from Game Kool, an official reseller listed on the AK site.
I'm hoping the repair/replacement will be free, but I definitely got a horrible feeling even under the 1 year warranty they will charge me. The DSL can remain dead for what it would cost to repair it, I don't use it, only as a backup for when I'm waiting for an Update after a DSi firmware upgrade. I take no chances and generally don't switch on my DSi when I'm waiting for Flashcarts to work again, I'd rather not accidently update xP

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First Game I used was Pokemon Platinum, second game with Mario Kart.

I was wondering, could something like pulling the SD card from my PC without properly ejecting it cause a fault on it/AK2i/DSi that causes something like this? I remember I pulled it out without ejecting it in haste, so maybe that is the problem?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
What do you mean by ejecting? Does your sd card reader have an eject mechanism? Because mine sure doesn't, I just take the card out when I'm done, so I don't think this is the problem.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think he is referring to unmounting using the "safely remove" feature of windows or the "unmount" feature of other OSes. For me, safely remove only pops up when the device is using a cache, but frankly, I cannot see how file system corruption, which is the only consequence of disconnecting during a write process, can cause a short-circuit.

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Guy above me is correct. The "Safely remove hardware" option to remove the SD.

Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky >_> Oh well, If I can't find my original copy of the receipt, I believe the place I bought it from has a copy because I preordered, which means I should be able to send it to Nintendo.

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Step 4 - Enter Warranty Status

All our consoles are covered by a 1 year manufacturers warranty. In order for a console to be repaired free of charge under warranty a proof of purchase must be sent back with the console. All chargable repairs will be advised and must be paid for prior to the repair being started.

Then you check the ticky box and it lets you continue. If you don't provide with proof of purchase, they won't repair it. This is how it works with Nintendo of Europe, maybe it's different with NOA.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with noa call 1-800-255-3700 and click 1 for english then 0 for a person to setup a repair with you all ypu need is the serail number and bom send it in and get it back within 1 - 3 weeks free of charge shipping migh be free

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JordLols said:
^ Guy above me is correct. The "Safely remove hardware" option to remove the SD.

Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky >_> Oh well, If I can't find my original copy of the receipt, I believe the place I bought it from has a copy because I preordered, which means I should be able to send it to Nintendo.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3212792

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sorry to tack on some info at the end here...

there have already been a few reported cases of the ak2i killing the dsi. it appears to be completely random and only affects a very small percentage of ak2i users. i've actually only read about 2 post from 2 people who had this problem so far, but i've read comments on it claiming that it does exist. however, as we all know the internet is a dry ground for a fire of speculation. one of the post claimed that the problem was probably the dsi and not the ak2i, in fact he proved it on his own.

you perhaps should not only try to get a warranty replacement on your dsi but to contact [email protected] and report this problem. if this is a real problem they should know about it so that they can check into it. offer to ship them back the ak2i if they would be so kind as to provide you with a new one. this way you get what you want and they get your acekard to test with.

cheers,
-another world

Quick-zeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a button combo when you turn your ds on it goes to the cailibaration screen.

I don't remeber it that well though.

It was like..R+L+Sel+something

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:

there have already been a few reported cases of the ak2i killing the dsi. it appears to be completely random and only affects a very small percentage of ak2i users. i've actually only read about 2 post from 2 people who had this problem so far, but i've read comments on it claiming that it does exist. however, as we all know the internet is a dry ground for a fire of speculation. one of the post claimed that the problem was probably the dsi and not the ak2i, in fact he proved it on his own.

you perhaps should not only try to get a warranty replacement on your dsi but to contact [email protected] and report this problem. if this is a real problem they should know about it so that they can check into it. offer to ship them back the ak2i if they would be so kind as to provide you with a new one. this way you get what you want and they get your acekard to test with.

cheers,
-another world

Ahh, thanks for the information, I'll contact AK aswell, see what they come up with. I've already emailed Nintendo about the reciept issue, because obviously I've got conflicting information and I'd like it cleared up before I send of my DSi.

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JordLols said:
Another World said:

cheers,
-another world

Ahh, thanks for the information, I'll contact AK aswell, see what they come up with. I've already emailed Nintendo about the reciept issue, because obviously I've got conflicting information and I'd like it cleared up before I send of my DSi.

Nintendo have probably told you now, but it is a receipt needed in Europe. Everyone else seems to think you are from the USA. I know that you need the receipt from personal experience.

JordLols

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zantom07 said:
JordLols said:
Another World said:

cheers,
-another world

Nintendo have probably told you now, but it is a receipt needed in Europe. Everyone else seems to think you are from the USA. I know that you need the receipt from personal experience.

I thought as much (That's about them thinking I'm American). I got a reply from Nintendo saying I will need a reciept otherwise my warranty is invalid and I will be charged for the repairs. I phoned them also before I got the reply and I was told by the lovely customer service person that I would need a receipt, and if I pre-ordered chances are the store I bought it from will have a store copy of the reciept or Head office of where I bought it from will. So I phoned up Gamestation and they'd updated their systems so they couldn't find it, but If I provided Head office with the roughly what time I purchased my DSi, and what games I traded in to get it, then they should be able to get me my reciept. It's alot of hassle, but I don't fancy forking out the £60 they're going to charge me otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)