Hacking MY Acekard2i worked once then died...what to do?

xaq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got this acekard 2i from dealextreme. Came in cardboard box. I loaded the latest firmware on it with one game just to test it out. Everything seemed fine with it. It loaded once and then I went to load the game and it hung on the "loading" screen for about 2 minutes before I turned it off and tried restarting. Now nothing. When I use the acekard with or without the memory card in the DS boots and instead of saying "there is no DS card inserted" or the Acekard logo it's just blank. if I try to load the blank icon i get a blank white screen. I've tried reloading the firmware along with running it with no micro sd card at all. Same thing. I also tried the "paper trick" and things like that to see if it's a

So it's almost like I bricked the Acekard or something. This is using a nice old original DS, though I intend to give this to my friend who has a DSi.

anybody have ANY ideas of anything I can do? Should I return it? that's not going to be fun so I figure I should try to do everything i can to get it working first.

What's funny is our likely knockoff clone R4 has worked fine since we got it.
cry.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Give the Acekard team an email, there's supposedly a 1 year warranty. but before that, contact your supplier (in your case, DX). They should send you a new one.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the fact that the nds firmware is not seeing the card in the slot1/slot2 choice screen makes me think this is the common connectivity issue with the ak2i. many people experience this, you can only try taking it in/out/in/out until it is seen. as already stated, the acekards do have a 1yr unspoken warranty and DX is really great about exchanges.

goodluck,
-another world

xaq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
the fact that the nds firmware is not seeing the card in the slot1/slot2 choice screen makes me think this is the common connectivity issue with the ak2i. many people experience this, you can only try taking it in/out/in/out until it is seen. as already stated, the acekards do have a 1yr unspoken warranty and DX is really great about exchanges.

goodluck,
-another world

Yea I read about that a lot but I have to stress, it saw it without issue the first time. Also, I did try all sorts of things to make sure it was not a connection issue.

It was only after I tried loading one game "New super mario brothers" that it died and hasn't worked since. Also as I said, it's not seeing NO game in the slot, it's seeing a game that just shows up as a blank. I haven't bothered with trying the modded firmware since I don't think it's even getting to load the firmware since it shows up this way with or without the SD card loaded.

I went ahead and contacted DX about a replacement but that's going to be a pain if they want me sending back that one considering it's international across seas and such so I'm willing to try anything to just bring this thing back to life.

gigimandrake73

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fotoalbum.virgilio.it
XP
Country
Italy
I think the problem is to buy from dealextreme, I have bought and sold 200pz no problem and put hwid update: 81
and also works in Italian
the only problem I'm experiencing are the savegames from R4 to acekard Akai 2nd that work well while with the original firmware does not see ak2

hello to all!
gbasp.gif

xaq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
try akaio
what game did u test it on

Okay just so I could say I tried everything I went ahead and tried this. No luck. Same problem. I have to figure I have a defective unit. I am just throw off so much by the fact that it once worked. The game I tested that hung on loading was new super mario brothers.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
wait wait...

so you can select the kit in the nds firmware and load the acekard firmware (official and akaio). but when you choose a game the acekard hangs? first update the loaders for akaio as this might fix it. there was a hardware revision which blocks akaio from working until you update the loaders. did you run the panasonic formatter on your msd? can you try a different msd in the ak2i?

it is really easy to brick the ds mode on the dsi, but when that happens the kits seem to still work on the nds. you said you were using a nds for testing so perhaps this isn't a faulty kit but a problem with corruption, etc.

you seem to have a good attitude about this, debugging is half the fun. but if all else fails just know that you can get an exchange without issue.

-another world

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also am having the same exact problem with my AK2i,like the TC said it worked fine once then it just apperars as a blank icon when you try to load it and i have tried everything to fix,i formated the micro SD,i installed AKAIO nothing then i installed the offical FW still nothing

i am useing a DS lite BTW

atleast stuffs4kids is being nice about it there gonna send me out a replacement on monday hope this isn't a common glitch
frown.gif

xaq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to be clear, the consensus IS that we(the other guy who has the exact same problem and me) should return ours and get new acekards and all should be okay? just a glitchy acekard? or is there something else I should try first?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try blowing on the contacts on the ak2i and in the ds's card slot. whenever my games don't show up that always seems to fix it.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well a friend of mine just got an AK2i from the same site and did everything the same as me and hasn't had 1 problem so i guess we just got duds (but to tell ya i tried everything i could to get my AK2i working just a dud)

on the up side my new AK2i should be here tomorrow or the day after

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)