My Acekard 2i with AKAIO is suddenly not working

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by sethosayher, Jul 7, 2009.

1. sethosayher
    OP

Newcomer sethosayher Member

United States
    I bought an Acekard for my DSi (from Modchipcentral) a few weeks ago. I installed the Akaio loaders and put a bunch of games on my microSD card...and everything worked. Cheats, wifi update, games ran smooth and without bugs. Until today. I tried transferring a save file from my pc to my MicroSD card, and next thing you know my Acekard is on the fritz. Sometimes the icon appears on the DS menu, other times I get a message stating "there is nothing inserted in the game slot." When I am able to launch AKAIO, and try to run a game, I get the message: "Unsupported Device." According to the FAQ this implies my card is actually a clone of another brand. If this is the case, why was it functioning for several weeks? After trying to format the card and install the official drivers (twice) I now actually am unable to see the icon at all. I am at my wits end. Should I call Modchipcentral and try to get a refund? Are they good with that sort of thing? Should I try to find a more reliable reseller?

EDIT: As for resellers, are there any stores in the NYC area that I can go to and pick up a Acekard 2i from, or are they only sold online?
    EDIT 2: My research indicates that no such stores exist. Do you know of sites that have a reptuation for not shipping out cloned or defective Ak2i cards?

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Make sure the SD card and the flashcart is firmly in place. It may have a loose connection.

3. sethosayher
    OP

United States
    Tried that. I have half a mind to blow on the connectors too but I hear that does more damage then good.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
  5. sethosayher
    OP

United States
    I just purchased a replacement from realhotstuff.

I guess if it's a reputable reseller it's more likely defective than cloned.