My Acekard 2i loads AKAIO, but not games.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Das_Regal, Aug 16, 2011.

Aug 16, 2011
  1. Das_Regal
    OP

Newcomer Das_Regal Newbie

United States
    Yesterday I got my Acekard 2i in the mail from Slickgate. I was excited, until I spent about 3 hours searching the internet trying to get it to work. Slickgate even pre-installed AKAIO on it with the latest version, it didn't work out of box or after everything I've tried. I am on a DSI with Firmware Version 1.3U. I have tried:

- Reformatting my Kingston 2 GB MicroSD card using the official tool (with both quick and full options).
    - Retrieving fresh copies of games (and they still didn't work).
    - Downloading new loaders.
    - Messing with some settings, like piracy.
    - About 5-10 different games.

The games either die on the loading screen after I select them in AKAIO or I get dual whitescreens on my DSI right after the loading screen.

I'm really hoping my Acekard isn't defective, but it's probable at this point, right? Looking for tips on what else I could do.

2. guerrierodipace

Newcomer guerrierodipace Advanced Member

Italy
    version of Akaio you have?

3. Das_Regal
    OP

United States
    The latest is 1.8.7 I think?

4. guerrierodipace

Newcomer guerrierodipace Advanced Member

Italy
    yes,
    can you try the microsd on other card e/o other ds/dsi?
    sometimes there are also contact problem,there's a trick inserting paper under ak2i contacts: but before is better that you check microsd

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this is what happens on fake acekards. i'm not saying yours is fake and it could just be microsd slot contact issue, so what you need to do is check the HWID in akaio. you can get this number by going to start > help. if your 2i isn't 44 or 81 it isn't real. however, some fakes report real hwids. check this thread for a bit more information: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410.

try the official acekard firmware and see if it works. try a really old version of akaio before the anti-clone check was put in, perhaps as old as 1.7. try 1.8.6 as well. if the official firmware works, the old akaio works, and the new does not then you might have a clone.

to verify you would need to open it up and post pictures of the front and back of the PCB.

there is also the chance that you have a bad microsd card. try running some disk check tools on it to see if its currupted, has bad sectors, etc. try a second micro sd card if you can. alot of chinese based resellers (and i'm not familiar with the site you bought from) bundle fake sandisk and kingston microsd cards with their flash kits. it isn't always their fault, these cards are often rebranded by many companies and they are pretty easy to clone at the factory (with cheaper parts or a faster manufacturing process).

please let us know:
    the HWID if your acekard?
    does your acekard have a window in the shell under the sticker?
    is it held together by clips or glue?
    do the old kernels work on it?
    can you run homebrew?
    what happens when you test with a 2nd microsd card?
    etc....

-another world

6. Das_Regal
    OP

United States
    Ok, so. I got Ninjatown to run on "OLD Version 4.23" of the official firmware. My HWID is 81, though. Do I have a clone or not? ; ;

...okay, so, 1.8.6a works to run Ninjatown as well. Time to try 1.8.7 again and see if something magically changed.

1.8.7 runs Ninjatown as well. I am baffled, but it's working.

7. Das_Regal
    OP

United States
    Ninjatown works, Simcity works, a lot of other stuff doesn't. The icon isn't showing next to a lot of games and those are the ones that don't seem to work -- they also happen to be the larger files. I have a feeling it's either the microsd card or the card reader I'm using to copy things over.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you probably either have a contact issue with the acekard, a contact issue with the microsd card, or the microsd card is bad.

any one of those 3 could cause the problems you are describing.

to debug your card you need to try another microsd card. if that works then the problem was the microsd card. you could also just try to fix the contact of the ak2i. read this: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=790

if its a microsd slot contact issue you can't do much, and you really shouldn't try to do anything. the microsd draws power before the flash kit is up and running. if you mess around with the microsd slot you could cause more problems.

the final solution is to just RMA it and ask your seller for a replacement. all real acekard products have a 1yr warranty.

-another world