My A9LH N3DS suddenly won't boot most of the time

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ss3matt, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ss3matt
    OP

ss3matt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    Hi, I'm having a problem, well more of an inconvenient nuisance but it shouldn't happen.

I recently started playing my N3DS after a while of not playing it, ran Homebr3w to update a bunch of apps (Mostly emulators) and upgraded Luma to 6.6-f03e232b (I think it was an hourly) using Star Updater.

Now when I boot, it'll only load to the main menu only about 20% of the time, the rest of the time leaving a blank screen. This also applies going in and out the settings menu.

A9LH is still working, as the splash animation loads and I can access the boot menu for Arm9 apps after holding L+R. The problem seems to be it loading Luma to start the firmware.

Besides the boot, when it does there doesn't appear to be any other problems. Games/homebrew load etc. It just won't boot most the time.

I'm on 11.2.0.35E if that matters.

2. CeeDee

CeeDee Heya!

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Try using LumaUpdater, and update to a stable.

3. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Try manually updating.

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Star Updater is discontinued and no longer supported or maintained by its author. Download/Update Luma manually and switch to Luma Updater if you want to use a 3DS app to update.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Only use stable versions of Luma3DS.