My "A and B" buttons are wearing out.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jugo, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011
  1. Jugo
    OP

Newcomer Jugo Advanced Member

United States
    The A and B buttons on my dsi are wearing out. They are really low and feel like theyre stuck down a little. This is probably because I used to play alot of Pokemon and other games with only button controls instead of touch screen. Is there any way to fix this? I was thinking of buy an replacement shell for my dsi beacause I want it to look new again. If you got a new shell for your ds or dsi, did the buttons feel "new"? If theres a better way to fix this please tell me.

Im thinking about buying this one: http://www.gaminggenerations.com/store/nin...lue-p-2799.html
    What do you think?

2. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    You are right that replacement shell replaces also the buttons and it feels kinda new (if new shell isn't cheap quality). Another way to fix them is to open up DSi and look whats causing it or buy only new buttons and replace them but replacing whole housing at same time maybe better option.
    One you linked looks pretty awesome and price seems OK. I would definetly buy that. Just remember to watch instructions from somewhere carefully two times that you won't brake anything.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    This is what you need. (assuming you have a DSlite)

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replacement-b...-piece-set-1466

My black DSlite, which I bought the week black ones were released in America is starting to have the same problem. My A button and right directional on the d-pad is what is starting to go on mine. Getting to where I have to push on them harder to work. I actually have a new set of pads for it, but I'm afraid of other stuff breaking in the DS if I open it to change them. I have yet to open up my DSlite for anything.....but I've seen where older DS's will have ribbon cables go bad just by opening them, so be careful.

4. Jugo
    OP

United States
    Is there a good guide to taking it apart and putting it back together?

5. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
  6. Jugo
    OP

United States
    The DSi has different button placement and 2 cameras. Is there a similar guide for the dsi? I really dont wanna mess mine up.

7. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Guys... He said DSi. The guides are totally different. [​IMG]

Be sure to google on how to disassemble a DSi. The DS Lite procedure is pretty different.

8. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I had skimmed past the part where he said "DSi" and like Rayder assumed he had a DS Lite.

9. SmokeFox

Member SmokeFox Jesus Christ is the Lord

Brazil
    I have said this in other post, i guess that to dissassembly a NDSi is really hard, i've done in nds lite, man it was really hard, it took me 5 hours to complete it, and the dsi has a lot of small pieces, its really hard to find a guide.

10. Cloudywolf

Newcomer Cloudywolf Member

New Zealand
    Yea, I'm having the same problem... may look into all these links and ideas xD