Hacking My 5.05 Exploit / Playground a variant/fork of KiiWii's. Big thanks to him!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a variant of the ESP loader that will host the web site from the SD card. So you can change the payloads at will by just changing the content on the SD card. Any "self-host" pack would work on it. The SD add on was around $9.50 for 5 of them (delivered). You can wire it directly to the ESP (no need for an arduino board) and you don't need to solder anything either, if you don't want to, just use some female to female jumpers. I can post the links to what I got off of Amz if you want? (What post count here on GBA before I can post an external link?)
somethng like this you mean?
so the only benefit is that you can use the MSD to write the payloads to unstead of uploading a new .ino everytime you want to change the payload?

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somethng like this you mean?
so the only benefit is that you can use the MSD to write the payloads to unstead of uploading a new .ino everytime you want to change the payload?

I think that I even saw one with FTP capabilities, so you just had to upload the web site via FTP, didn't even need to pull the SD card to update the web site, but yea, basically you don't have to wait for a new ino or bin file, you just updated the hosted web site yourself. It still included the DNS/DHCP/Wifi functionality too.

EDIT: Also, the SD hosted version supports a full directory structure, where the one loaded on the onboard flash (through an ino) does not, since the last I looked SPIFFS does not support directories.

my main unit is using a bin with the site loaded on the onboard flash. I just got the SD card add on to play around with it and in case I decided I wanted, or needed, to be more responsive and flexible in terms of updating the payloads.

Last edited by Sparkss,
Reactions: weatMod

Hasslehogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

I like the look of this and have it running via my phone following the video, but I have just bought a sandisk usb connect and want to use that rather than the android phone, is this possible with this method please?

Hasslehogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

I like the look of this and have it running via my phone following the video, but I have just bought a sandisk usb connect and want to use that rather than the android phone, is this possible with this method please?

confirmed it is working, good stuff :)

MasterZoilus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
confirmed it is working, good stuff :)

good and yes it should work fine as wine on the sandisk wifi dongle.

Is there a guide to create my own custom esp8266 bin with my own background and desired payloads?

yes, i know over at psxhax they have posted a really good written one as well as there are video tutorials. I believe youtubers "modded warfare" and "stethix" have them in there more recent
videos of the last 2 months or newer.

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using ESP8266, cannot connect to internet. Can anyone confirm working over ESP8266?
I'll dig in more then. I have set the ip/dhcp manually though.

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using ESP8266, cannot connect to internet. Can anyone confirm working over ESP8266?
I'll dig in more then. I have set the ip/dhcp manually though.

Not sure what you are asking, but if you use an ESP you are in a closed loop hosting env and will not be able to connect to the internet.

EDIT: and for most ESP bins I have seen it is not recommended to set your IP manually, only your DNS. Otherwise you may not be able to get to the hosted exploit page(s).

Last edited by Sparkss,

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you are asking, but if you use an ESP you are in a closed loop hosting env and will not be able to connect to the internet.

EDIT: and for most ESP bins I have seen it is not recommended to set your IP manually, only your DNS. Otherwise you may not be able to get to the hosted exploit page(s).
If you use ESP, playstation still thinks that you are connected to internet. I have used c0d3m4st4's bin which has worked for me.

He has explicitly mentioned that "For All settings choose "automatic" except for "ip settings" choose manual and enter:...", thats why I entered manually, but still wasn't working.

MasterZoilus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use ESP, playstation still thinks that you are connected to internet. I have used c0d3m4st4's bin which has worked for me.

He has explicitly mentioned that "For All settings choose "automatic" except for "ip settings" choose manual and enter:...", thats why I entered manually, but still wasn't working.

Are you trying to get my playground to work on your ESP? Its not c0d3m4st4's you need to manually change what it says to in the instructions. Don't change DHCP , on this one everything is set to
automatic EXCEPT the ip's

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have been using restgrogamer74's bin for my ESP. I have looked at a few others, but not that one in particular. Unless there is a setting to connect the ESP to the internet, or some spoof response to make the code think it is connected (all the PS4 does to check if it is connected is to phone home to one of the sony servers).

very odd to manually enter the IP. It sounds like they didn't fully setup the DHCP server code in their bin maybe?

EDIT: I just read the OP more closely. From the IP settings that need to be manually configured DHCP is not enabled in this bin. Not a big deal, just to let you know that you are not setting up DHCP on the PS4, that is actually done on the host (ESP in this instance). DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and is a long standing networking protocol for auto configuring network clients IP address, subnet mask, Gateway and DNS servers. This setup is all manual. :). It just helps to use the correct terminology when asking for technical help :) HTH

Reactions: hellrokr

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using restgrogamer74's bin for my ESP. I have looked at a few others, but not that one in particular. Unless there is a setting to connect the ESP to the internet, or some spoof response to make the code think it is connected (all the PS4 does to check if it is connected is to phone home to one of the sony servers).

very odd to manually enter the IP. It sounds like they didn't fully setup the DHCP server code in their bin maybe?

EDIT: I just read the OP more closely. From the IP settings that need to be manually configured DHCP is not enabled in this bin. Not a big deal, just to let you know that you are not setting up DHCP on the PS4, that is actually done on the host (ESP in this instance). DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and is a long standing networking protocol for auto configuring network clients IP address, subnet mask, Gateway and DNS servers. This setup is all manual. :). It just helps to use the correct terminology when asking for technical help :) HTH

Thanks guys I'll try it again tonight.

Reactions: Sparkss

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys I'll try it again tonight.

I wanted to add that just because it "Can't connect to the Internet" does not mean it isn't working to serve up the exploit for you. Don't focus on that aspect of it as much as being able to save the Wifi settings and then run the exploit, either through the User Guide or directly through the browser, depending on how it is setup. Some auto-redirect all incoming requests to the exploit page, those can work by going to Settings -> User Guide (these also will work with the browser method). Others you need to use the browser and specify the exploit web page yourself.

MasterZoilus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loved your package. Lots of meat in it ;)

thats-what-she-said-meme2f7ca8ba7b8c02c4.jpg

Reactions: Mo Poge and Sparkss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE