Hardware My 3ds won't turn on( just blink blue led then off)

Gabera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 3ds stopped turned on and when you try to, it blink the blue led and then turn off (w/ and without sdcard). It started that saturday, I was playing Monster Hunter XX normaly then, sunddenly, it turn off, try to turn it on and *bad feeling* it wont come back. I"ve tried to make the ntrboothax again with the magnetics, but it seems to not work... I'm desperated, I didn't make a backup... can I save my 3ds? thank you everybody...

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take out your battery and SD card. Leave the 3DS alone for 5 minutes. Put back battery but not SD card.
Blue LED going on and immediately off after trying to boot is a broken bootloader. He just needs to put a fresh copy of Luma on his SD and it'll work again. Judging from how he didn't reply anymore I think he already fixed it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue LED going on and immediately off after trying to boot is a broken bootloader. He just needs to put a fresh copy of Luma on his SD and it'll work again. Judging from how he didn't reply anymore I think he already fixed it.

My 3ds stopped turned on and when you try to, it blink the blue led and then turn off (w/ and without sdcard).

In-game boot loops. They happen on the 3DS.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't the guides tell you to copy the boot.firm to the nand? how come nobody asks this, did you do this? If so you should be able to boot without the sd

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there is a cool down period for new members when it comes to posts
woot that was(/could be) hilarious in my head i envision a (3 day) cooldown meter embedded into gbatemps "post reply" button and a popup stating "this skill is on cooldown" (. . . if only i Photoshoped things . . . )

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either. 1. Failed FIRM boot or 2. No boot.firm. The first option can only happen if you install something with a valid sig but doesn't correctly boot.

Gabera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry about the lazy replys guys.

Replaced to a new one luma... but it's the same thing, it seems that the sd slot is malfunction, I don't know, I'm really sad about that :cry::cry:

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
that blinking error is probably about the firm file not reading it or sd card is not present or broken.

use to happen on my old 3ds with a microsd card with sd adapter, the adapter gets dodgy as time passes by.

Sheilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a problem with your boot file apparently. Just download Luma again and put a fresh copy on your SD card, and it will boot again. Don't worry.
I tried doing this but it didnt work, is there some type of tutorial i can follow for this

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing this but it didnt work, is there some type of tutorial i can follow for this
Things to try:
  1. Put the Luma3DS v10.0.1 boot.firm onto the root of your SD card.
  2. Put the Luma3DS v7.1 boot.firm onto the root of your SD card.
  3. Put the Luma3DS v7.0.5 arm9loaderhax.bin onto the root of your SD card.
If these things don't work, backup the contents of your SD card, reformat the SD card using SD Formatter, make sure it's FAT32 (use guiformat if it's not), and try again.

Reactions: Mythical

Sheilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things to try:
  1. Put the Luma3DS v10.0.1 boot.firm onto the root of your SD card.
  2. Put the Luma3DS v7.1 boot.firm onto the root of your SD card.
  3. Put the Luma3DS v7.0.5 arm9loaderhax.bin onto the root of your SD card.
If these things don't work, backup the contents of your SD card, reformat the SD card using SD Formatter, make sure it's FAT32 (use guiformat if it's not), and try again.
now it turns on but the screen stays black

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm it came back

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now it turns on but the screen stays black
Did you try each of the steps I suggested? Which step causes the screen to stay black?

What happens if you power on the system while holding down the Select button during any/all of these steps?

Sheilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try each of the steps I suggested? Which step causes the screen to stay black?

What happens if you power on the system while holding down the Select button during any/all of these steps?
it stayed black for a while and then i tried to do recovery mode and suddenly the home men just popped up

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it stayed black for a while and then i tried to do recovery mode and suddenly the home men just popped up
  1. Power off the system.
  2. Hold the Select button.
  3. Power on the system while holding the Select button.
What happens? If the Luma3DS configuration settings pop up, which version of Luma3DS is displayed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826