My 3DS Updated to 11.8 and I Can't Use NTR Now

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by FatJesus, Aug 9, 2018.

1. FatJesus
    OP

FatJesus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    I installed the most updated NTR out there--v2.12--and it loads it, but then freezes before taking me back to the home screen. Any ideas or will I have to roll back to 11.7

2. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    Are you using BootNTRSelector?

3. FatJesus
    OP

FatJesus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, "BootNTRSelector-PabloMK7" it's version 2.12 when it loads in. It loads 3.6 (says it's successful) and then the 3DS freezes

4. Itzumi

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    mine boots but had a little error, seemed minor cause it didnt close ntr completely.

5. FatJesus
    OP

FatJesus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I just tried it again. It says "Loading 3.6... Success! Returning to main menu..." and it's just frozen.

6. Itzumi

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    mine quits out back to menu

7. FatJesus
    OP

FatJesus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    That's what mine would do fine before the 11.8 hit me (I didn't even notice I hit update until after I hit the text box). And I see people like you doing fine with loading v2.12. I'm just wondering what I could be doing wrong or if I'm somehow missing something.

8. Itzumi

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    I dont know either. Im stumped. Id wait for someone else to come help.

9. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I'd uninstall BootNTR Selector, and remove all the folders/files associated (not your plugins though). Then reinstall. 2.12 is supposed to work with 11.8, as that's the only change in the changelog. However, the place to get help and to discuss this would be https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/page-107

Itzumi likes this.
  10. FatJesus
    OP

FatJesus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    So remove the NTR folder on my SD, put the fresh ones on, THEN reinstall. I can try that. (Also, thanks, I didn't know quite where to put this since people were asking questions in this area.)

OrGoN3 likes this.
  11. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Uninstall the app with FBI (if it's installed. if it's 3dsx, skip that part, obviously). Remove the folders it uses for data (remember to keep your plugins separate so you don't delete them!!!). Restart 3DS. Don't ask why, I just like telling people to restart. Then redownload BootNTR Selector from TitleDB or put it on your SD card however you want to. Then, while under WiFi with Internet, run the program.

Note: Luma3DS updated their cheat and plugin engine. As of right now, it has a typo and needs to be fixed. That may be causing issues with NTR? It may make using NTR obsolete? I don't know, which is why I recommend you check with that thread. It's just that people with more experience with BootNTR Selector and 11.8 may be floating around that thread.