Hardware My 3ds only works plugged in

AlphaXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So about a year ago i broke my original 3ds xl by pretty much raging at pokemon and i gripped it too hard to the point i crushed one of the fuses and i did manage to put the circuit board in a new shell as the old one was messed up to begin with but the little fuses still wont work properly as the system only works plugged in and it needs the battery inside which i thought the battery was the problem but i can confirm its its not as i tested the battery on another 3ds and its fine but since happened ive had to replace battery since it would inflate so does anyone know where to get a replacement fuse and know how to solder it in?

Attachments

• 20191103_171727.jpg
    20191103_171727.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Screenshot_20191103-171957_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191103-171957_Gallery.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 363

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can probably get replacement fuses somewhere on ebay
It's very tiny and hard to solder so if you don't have experience you should give it to someone who has experience like a repair shop

AlphaXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess but i do need to see where i can get the chips then maybe ill see if i can find someone who knows how to solder more small things as i mostly know how to solder stuff like computer capacitors or big enough chips on laptops and desktops i know i could take out the chip on my other 3ds xl but i ain't gonna scrap that if its intact and i watched a video and the guy used a plier to take out the bad fuse but i still gotta learn how to put it in

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your board looks like it could use some flux when reflowing that joints. Also, those letters like C59 refer to component types. Don't accidentally put in the wrong part. Black is usually resistors and tan is usually capacitors.
Replacements SMDs can be bought at digikey or mouser.

If you would like someone else to fix your motherboard,

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the system tries to trip the fuse again due to another issue it could fry the board.

Sure but it's certainly a viable option.
In the flashme days you had to short some pad in a ds in order to flash the firmware, if you did it wrong u could blow a fuse. I did, bridged the fuse and is still working. I took the risk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Something like this (although years earlier) ...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-ndsl-bricked-or-electronic-component-screwed-from-flashme.365183/

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In the flashme days you had to short some pad in a ds in order to flash the firmware, if you did it wrong u could blow a fuse. I did, bridged the fuse and is still working. I took the risk.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-ndsl-bricked-or-electronic-component-screwed-from-flashme.365183/
Fuses don't cost much though so there is not much point in risking it.

D

Deleted-236924

Bridging two pads to install flashme is not at all comparable to bridging a permanent fuse.

(You can also remove the risk of bricking completely by unscrewing the back panel and removing the metal plate that's attached to the bottom case, but I digress.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455