Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Day-one 3DS that has been acting weird lately: the menu became VERY slow (especially with a theme different than the default's), and the game list takes a while to load. And when I use stuff like Notifications and Friend List there's a chance that the console just freezes and I have to kill it. Today I took it to play (I always keep it stand-by) and it wouldn't turn on, even when the console was open. I had to kill it and restart.

This is starting to piss me off. Could it be a defective unit that decided to break four year after purchase?

I use the latest update and I don't use any hack. I have a Sandisk 32GB Ultra.

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
I have some problems like that too. Also random disconnects from the internet. I contacted Nintendo once on this and they asked me for some model numbers etc. Turned out it is a first print unit and many of them were faulty in some way - specialy the Aqua Blue models. They told me if the console was new and still on a warrenty, they would have replaced it for me, but not after all this years. I contacted Nintendo UK since we don't have a Nintendo Poland, all our producs are imports from Czech or Germany.

The only thing I can do with it is save for a new 3DS... But it is still playable and don't bother me that much.

Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting? Try using a different sd card? Try rolling it down the stairs?
I tried formatting and it gets slightly better. The loading times are still bad but I haven't encountered errors so far. Will update in the following days.
I have some problems like that too. Also random disconnects from the internet. I contacted Nintendo once on this and they asked me for some model numbers etc. Turned out it is a first print unit and many of them were faulty in some way - specialy the Aqua Blue models. They told me if the console was new and still on a warrenty, they would have replaced it for me, but not after all this years. I contacted Nintendo UK since we don't have a Nintendo Poland, all our producs are imports from Czech or Germany.

The only thing I can do with it is save for a new 3DS... But it is still playable and don't bother me that much.

I have a Cosmo Black, but that sucks :( we ended up paying the most expensive and shittiest model.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started feeling lag on my 3DS as soon as they added the themes update, which made me want the New 3DS even more. Nintendo is on to something. lol

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started feeling lag on my 3DS as soon as they added the themes update, which made me want the New 3DS even more. Nintendo is on to something. lol

I was going to reply earlier with something to the same effect. Older hardware is old and can't support newer updates. I'm surprised Nintendo is still offering new updates on the OG3DS to be honest because they will do nothing but hurt performance even moreso if they keep it up.

Reactions: omgpwn666

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was going to reply earlier with something to the same effect. Older hardware is old and can't support newer updates. I'm surprised Nintendo is still offering new updates on the OG3DS to be honest because they will do nothing but hurt performance even moreso if they keep it up.
Same with iPhones: you can't {officially|practically} downgrade, and you're effectively forced to upgrade to use certain software...
It's not planned obsolescence but pushed obsolescence!

Reactions: Maximilious

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
It happen for me after a past update, something of the late 8.X or early 9.X if I recall correctly. Besides, I know a lot of people still having old 3DS models and no problems at all. Most people do own a 3DS XL and I never heard of any problems with them? I guess it's just a thing with the smallest, oldest models...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: