Gaming My 3DS is finally broken and there's nothing I can do

Xander_eight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier today I decided to put more hacked games on my 3DS. While I was getting my 3DS ready I accidentally dropped it. Nothing bad usually happens when I've dropped it before so I wasn't really worried. I download of the stuff onto my SD card and everything was going smoothly that was until I put my card in my 3DS. whenever I turn on my DS 2DS the fact that the card had just been taken out while the DS was running. I tried to see if there's something wrong with my card so I stuck it back in my card reader on my computer. It worked fine but I tried it again this time accidentally put it in upside down when I pulled out my card it cracked in half. My 3DS can no longer be used because it was hacked and won't turn on without the card. All my game data is lost I had a lot of have two games some of them I got really far in like mother 3 and Pokemon. the best thing I can do is probably buy a new DS and start all over again. I don't think of anything that can help my DS. I don't know I think this is it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Xander_eight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to post here and tell stories about how you ended up being broken I would like to hear so we can share the same feelings.

Xander_eight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone give me a walkthrough with pictures, my sd card got is completely empty. do I need to format it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can put the Luma and CFW and stuff on a new SD card and it will still work
even with a vlank sd card? please help

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Next time be sure to dump your OTP, secureinfo_a, and movable.sed and keep multiple copies somewhere safe (as long as you have those you can decrypt and recover 3ds saves even if your system dies) and always back up your SD card every time you put it in your computer if you have made any significant progress. As for mother 3 you can always use cheats and overclocking (using PC based emulators) to get back where you were though you have to be though you have to be careful as often times "infinite" codes are really "always have 99/9999/99999999" codes rather than true infinite (hint: for those you can use an online hex to decimal converter to change the value to whatever you want) but things like invincibility and 2x/3x/5x experience and money after battle should be fine. For pokemon there are save editors and again, using things like invincibility codes and always successful capture codes to help get back to where you were without having to spend all that time grinding.

Or find someone else's save that is close and use a save editor to make it as close as possible.

Last edited by nl255,

Xander_eight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try both ideas and see what happens

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there a specific boot file

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because you don't have the payload required to boot the custom firmware in your console the payload is what you would be downloading from the luma release site that I linked you depending on whether your entry point was bs9 or a9lh you will need The .Firm or .Bin file respectively

D

Deleted User

Feel free to post here and tell stories about how you ended up being broken I would like to hear so we can share the same feelings.
My nephew was going to throw away his 2DS as both screens are broken, and I thought I could get it fixed for cheap, but turns out a used 2DS is pretty cheap nowadays.

Maybe useful for parts, I guess.

Broomoperator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi

I have an issue my 3ds is the non xl new 3ds. I dropped it and now it won't turn on. I tried putting it into the charger and orange light goes out after few seconds. I tried recovery mode and nothing. It is hacked but I can't access luma or god mode 9.

I have checked the SD card and my computer can run it.

I only tested one of the fuses the one on the abxy board and there was continuity.

I tried looking for the location of other fuses but there are no pictures of their locations only the locations on new 3ds xl version not mine non xl new 3ds version. Does anybody know the location of the other fuses. Please post pictures

I don't know which part might have been damaged.

Please let me know what I can do.

I have checked AliExpress and they don't stock PCB board for non xl version.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi

I have an issue my 3ds is the non xl new 3ds. I dropped it and now it won't turn on. I tried putting it into the charger and orange light goes out after few seconds. I tried recovery mode and nothing. It is hacked but I can't access luma or god mode 9.

I have checked the SD card and my computer can run it.

I only tested one of the fuses the one on the abxy board and there was continuity.

I tried looking for the location of other fuses but there are no pictures of their locations only the locations on new 3ds xl version not mine non xl new 3ds version. Does anybody know the location of the other fuses. Please post pictures

I don't know which part might have been damaged.

Please let me know what I can do.

I have checked AliExpress and they don't stock PCB board for non xl version.
There should be fuses near the charger port and near the battery contacts
Check if the battery works and if it's outputting a correct voltage

Broomoperator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
There should be fuses near the charger port and near the battery contacts
Check if the battery works and if it's outputting a correct voltage
Will do.

Do you have any images of the new 3ds fuses location. I checked one on the abxy board and there was continuity with multimeter. But can't find the other one. All images on Google are for the 3ds xl version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Each bite is a $1 well spent