Homebrew My 3ds firmware is 11.0.0, is it too late for me to be able to mod?

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanted to mod smash bros 3ds. is it possible at this point? would i even be able to do it if i had the physical smash cart?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can use plain homebrew on 11.0 using FreakyForms Deluxe or SmileBasic (from eShop if US region) or any number of secondary exploit games if you have another 3DS with homebrew already or a PowerSaves dongle (only certain exploits)
If you want full CFW you'll need the above plus you also need to perform a hardmod or have a second, already exploited 3DS and have bought FieldRunners on it (only US region, Eur coming soon hopefully).

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an original US black 3ds. im also extremely new to "modding". im running off a mac too. Would a plain homebrew allow me to insert new songs in the smash game? maybe even add a character? also by modding would i be unable to use online features? sorry for all the questions!

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by GlitchyDavid,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure a homebrew entrypoint is enough for him, since he just wants to replace the game files and hans can do it just right. Sadly hans can't read game updates so you wont be able to use smash online features (unless i'm wrong, i haven't read news about hans)

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure a homebrew entrypoint is enough for him, since he just wants to replace the game files and hans can do it just right. Sadly hans can't read game updates so you wont be able to use smash online features (unless i'm wrong, i haven't read news about hans)
aw well thats a deal breaker. if i can't use online features then i won't be able to battle many people. Thanks for helping everyone!

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw well thats a deal breaker. if i can't use online features then i won't be able to battle many people. Thanks for helping everyone!
Well if you have a new 3ds a homebrew entrypoint and gans will do it for you. If ypu have an old 3ds your only option is to get another 3ds with a downgradeable firmware to install cfw.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually can downgrade 11.0 in order to install CFW, but you will need to have access to a friend who has already hacked their 3ds (They must have A9LH or CFW on 11.0) and are willing to give them 5 bucks to pay for a DSiWare game on your friends device. Along with that your friend has to be willing to temporarily system transfer their 3ds to yours, meaning if you have an old3ds and your friend has a new3ds, you would have to find another friend who instead has an old3ds. You can look at this guide to see if it's something you want/can do.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You actually can downgrade 11.0 in order to install CFW, but you will need to have access to a friend who has already hacked their 3ds (They must have A9LH or CFW on 11.0) and are willing to give them 5 bucks to pay for a DSiWare game on your friends device. Along with that your friend has to be willing to temporarily system transfer their 3ds to yours, meaning if you have an old3ds and your friend has a new3ds, you would have to find another friend who instead has an old3ds. You can look at this guide to see if it's something you want/can do.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
Interesting. Wish I was there when this was discovered.

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly i don't know many people who have a 3ds let alone an old one. Is it possible that someone might make one for the 11.0 firmware? like maybe a year from now?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly i don't know many people who have a 3ds let alone an old one. Is it possible that someone might make one for the 11.0 firmware? like maybe a year from now?
A way to downgrade? Stuff like this is always a maybe, as we need to find exploits to manipulate before actually working on downgrading and such

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what we currently know the only way we will ever have is the one we currently have, which involves using another already-hacked 3ds and a DSiWare game that can be exploited. Without that we currently believe you would need an arm9 exploit in order to bypass the security checks that currently prevent downgrading on 11.0. But if we found an arm9 exploit, downgrading wouldn't be necessary anymore because all of our current arm9 software could merely be updated to 11.0, including CFW.
Unless devs find something that allows us to bypass the version list set in place that prevents downgrading without arm9, then we will never downgrade again without DSiWare and another 3ds or hardmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol