Hacking My 3DS downloaded a JAP game accidentaly from the eShop.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Images talk for themselves:

20150204_225946.jpg
20150204_225942.jpg

20150204_225952.jpg
20150204_225959.jpg
20150204_230010.jpg
20150204_230023.jpg
20150204_230043.jpg
20150204_230053.jpg
20150204_230057.jpg
20150204_230120.jpg

What I have done? Simple:

I had a cosmo black 3DS since launch day, so I got my ambassador games and purchased many games before any hack was ever known. I didn't gave a fuck about the warnings about to update above 4.5 (FY Monster Hunter). I bought more and more games from the eShop, and keeping my console up to date because I lost my hopes for a newer exploit to surface... until Smealum and GW team warned about the 9.3 update. I stayed at 9.2 and when the exploits were released, I entered to the newly born 3DS scene.

Unfortunately, something happened to my 3DS main board: some very, very little circuits started to malfunction, and the Y, L and R buttons stopped to work. There was no repair for that problem, neither change the buttons nor cleaning them, they were still not working properly (They acted as being keep pressed, I kept trying to fix them but no luck, I even bought three more sets of buttons).

The only way left: Buy another 3DS (Bought a Red one). But everyone knows what that means... UPDATE TO 9.4, and my new 3DS (not n3DS, only new normal 3DS) came with 4.5 FE yay!!)

So I came up for something; instead of doing a system transfer, I called Nintendo, and told them that my Black 3DS was stolen, and I wanted to recover all my eShop purhases. They told me that it was possible, and asked for both 3DS serial numbers (old and new) among some questions about what tittles did I have in my acount, my e-mail and my NNID. They told me that my eShop purhases would be arried over to the new console within two days.

Two days after, my old Black 3DS refused to load any game, and when entering to the system settings>Data Management>software, it deleted everything, so obviously that meant that my eShop account got unlinked from there, so here comes the tricky part.

I installed a MT-Card emuNAND to the Red 3ds, so I cannot loose my 4.2 sysnand, and then updated the emuNAND to 9.4. Entered the eSHop and linked my existing NNID from the old console, and boom!! My mii appeared, and on the eShop, under the "Downloaded content" section all my game purchases where there!! Even the ambassador games. So I started to download everything to emuNand... I thought I was saved and feeling like a boss.

Recently I downloaded the game on the images and that happened, it's on Japanese, tough my console is US and the language settings are configured right.

And no, I'm not using any CFW, nor Gateway or any form of pirated games, it is LEGIT, I purchased it before on my first 3DS unit, and redownloaded on the new, the only thing I'm using at the moment is MTCard Emunand 9.5 Classic mode, and my sysNAND is on 4.2, USA console, both nands are linked.

cearp do you have any clue of what happened?, Language setting only? and if this can be exploited in any form?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the purpose of this topic. If this has nothing to do with a flashcart or some sort of CFW, what is it doing on this board? How am I supposed to respond to this?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't understand the purpose of this topic. If this has nothing to do with a flashcart or some sort of CFW, what is it doing on this board? How am I supposed to respond to this?

I didn't know wich should be the most apropiate section for this post, and posted it here because I'm using emuNAND, wich is some way a DRM'ed CFW.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't specify what region each system was on, I've never seen a japanese region game listed in my eshop so some explanation will have to come from your side.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be a bug with MT Classic. They haven't updated their launcher to fix their multirom menu yet I would think. Its possible this is a bug like the 2.0b1 wrong language bug. I would say to try to redownload it on 9.4, but you can't.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only guesses I can reasonably make are:

A) This transfer was done automatically, and Nintendo has no error checking in place to double-check the TitleIDs/uniqueIDs of the games they port over to a new system. An error occurred, and the ID for your game was applied to your system incorrectly, being off by one mere number (for example, 5600 was entered instead of 5500). Because the difference between regions is literally one character, a purchase of a different region has been applied to your account.

B) This was a human error, but with the same process in mind; the TitleIDs/uniqueIDs for each of your games had to be typed manually into your Red 3DS' eShop account, as Nintendo may not have an efficient automatic process for this yet - this isn't at all a common thing they do. The ID for this particular game was typed incorrectly, with a difference of one character (again, 5600 instead of 5500, for example), resulting in the Japanese version being on your account instead of the US version.

I'm willing to put my money on situation B. I don't think this has anything at all to do with the use of emuNAND or an MT-card - this could have happened on any system. Nothing complicated.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
could just be bugged due to the MT launcher not being designed for 9.5 or something......although im pretty sure that it "shouldnt" be possible, as its a nes game, only the rom for your region should be obtainable, and i dont see how any client side bug would be able to effect what content is downloaded.....say if i used a ram editor and just changed the downloadID, nintnedo should still be able to see that you dont own that game and not allow it to download (on gateway if you have a fake installed cia file it will download but fail at the end as the console doesnt have the correct title key), not to mention you would need the JPN title key to decrypt the downloaded content seen if the download request did go through......strange.....very strange

possibly its as someone above said, that there was a goof up on the sever and something got messed up

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't the omega and alpha games actually have all languages including japanese on them? Just not enabled in every region? Maybe it downloaded the correct game from your region, but the software for some reason mistook your system for a JAP one and switched to Japanese? If for some reason you were able to download a actual JAP version of a game, would it even run with the region lock? Might just be a language recognition thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night