Hacking My 3DS doesn't read blue gateway

alphaplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi dudes!

After 2 hours trying to repair it by myself, I will ask you about a weird thing happened to me. I recently bought a couple of 3DS on a lower version of 4.5 Firm because I have 2x Gateway waiting for me at home.

I start with the tutorial, but my white 3DS doesn't recognize the blue gateway, the other blue gateway, the old R4 that we used to play DS games, and the other R4i double core card.

The weird thing is that is able to read original 3DS games like Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, Virtues Last Reward, Soul Hackers, etc...

I tried to clean the contacts of all the cards, blowing inside the slot, trying more than 100 times, formatting it again, and it doesn't detect the card at the slot.

Now it's at 4.5.0-4E.

Any ideas or suggestion to make it work?

Thanks for all!

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Same thing happened to me, blue gateway just refuses to work after two single uses to install exploit.

I told my reseller and they said try folding a small bit of paper a few times and wedge it in there along with the card...... This didn't work for me and I didnt like the way it felt with the slot popping mechanism either......

I gave up attempting to get a replacement because I bought a R4 SDHC dual core in a shop close to my home in Thailand for cheaper than the cost of the petrol my car would take to drive to the post office to pick up the replacement. Works on my 7.1 XL too!

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how are you able to play Pokemon X on a 4.5.0-4E 3DS?

It should fail to read the NCCH when you try to start it.

add nice danganronpa avatar lol

alphaplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how are you able to play Pokemon X on a 4.5.0-4E 3DS?

It should fail to read the NCCH when you try to start it.

add nice danganronpa avatar lol

Not playing, just testing if the 3DS read that game and it does, but doesn't read all the R4's I have :/

PS: Alter Ego rules :D

alphaplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
some cards fail to show up when no microSD is inserted or the run file is not found

I'm now trying formating the 2 MicroSD's I have with Panasonic Formatter Tool. The strange thing is that in one 3DS it works flawlessly and in the other doesn't show up.

Will test now with that format tool and see what happens, doing it with the blue Gateway card and with the R4SDHC Dual-Core.

Thanks, ichichfly! :D

alphaplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FINALLY! Now I saw my Bomberman icon in the menu thanks to the R4 SDHC Dual Core. The trick was to put a piece of paper between the game and the slot at the down-part (a shop ticket bended 4 times).

I don't like it but I think will do the trick until I needed to open the 3DS to change the game-slot with one from eBay/Aliexpress or something like this. I hope the day never arrives, but if it'll do, I'll make a tutorial about changing that slot!

Thanks for all, guys!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I would say it's probably the card itself. You should buy some cheap DS carts and try again. Just make sure it's not a contacts issue not by cleaning the contacts, but angling the blue cart a little so there's better contact with the 3DS once inserted. If that's the case, you might get away with doing lysergic_one's suggestion and folding a piece of paper and wedging it between the cart and the 3DS in a way that would allow good contact without having to hold it.

Edit: This is what happens when you leave a thread tab open and respond without refreshing first, kids. Ninja'd by OP. Glad to see you fixed it!

alphaplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I would say it's probably the card itself. You should buy some cheap DS carts and try again. Just make sure it's not a contacts issue not by cleaning the contacts, but angling the blue cart a little so there's better contact with the 3DS once inserted. If that's the case, you might get away with doing lysergic_one's suggestion and folding a piece of paper and wedging it between the cart and the 3DS in a way that would allow good contact without having to hold it.

Edit: This is what happens when you leave a thread tab open and respond without refreshing first, kids. Ninja'd by OP. Glad to see you fixed it!

IronClouds, if I learnt something in the life is that ALL the help you can acquire is very useful.

I'll consider buying some cheap DS carts to test if it's only in the R4's or it's problem in all the DS carts.

Thanks for all, guys!

Reactions: IronClouds

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only card I've ever had contact issues with is the Gateway Blue card. Damn piece of junk will not run on either my 3DSXL nor my original DS without using the paper trick. Fortunately I have a DSTWO, so can just use that instead, as it works fine.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY! Now I saw my Bomberman icon in the menu thanks to the R4 SDHC Dual Core. The trick was to put a piece of paper between the game and the slot at the down-part (a shop ticket bended 4 times).

I don't like it but I think will do the trick until I needed to open the 3DS to change the game-slot with one from eBay/Aliexpress or something like this. I hope the day never arrives, but if it'll do, I'll make a tutorial about changing that slot!

Thanks for all, guys!
Well, it sounds like you've solved the problem, but for what it's worth, it's pretty common that a 3DS will read retail cartridges but not flash carts if one or more of the connectors in the game cartridge slot are just very slightly bent. It doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with the flash cart. I suspect this is because retail games have grooves in the plastic that ensure each contact touches the proper connector in the game slot even if a few of them are slightly bent. Flash carts usually don't have those plastic grooves, so they sometimes fail to make contact when the connectors inside the slot are bent. The red Gateway card has these grooves just like a retail cartridge but the blue one (on the right) doesn't.

In most cases you can fix the problem by straightening out the bent pin(s) with a pair of long, thin tweezers. Or if there's one or two pins that are hopelessly bent out of shape you can actually just replace the bad pins, rather than the whole cartridge slot. You just desolder the bad pin and pull it out by inserting some tweezers into the cartridge slot. You can then slide the new one into position from the proper hole behind the cartridge slot and solder it in place. If you have a scrap motherboard from which to scavenge a pin or two, this might be the cheapest option if you can't simply bend the pin back into the correct position.

Reactions: alphaplayer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr