My 3DS doesn't accept home menu input and crashes when I load a game

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Neosaurus_, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Neosaurus_
    OP

Neosaurus_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    United Kingdom
    The A button works inconsistently and the power button works 100% of the time. I've tried loads of stuff, updating Luma, CTRtransfer the whole shebang and it still doesn't work. Since it defaults to the game cartridge, whenever I press A on like the third try to open it it does the wee animation then powers off the 3DS. I don't have access to nand backups right now, but and I've not tried any weird hardware shit or weird software. I'm honestly lost with what to do now and beginning to worry I've bricked my 3DS which I thought was a retard exclusive thing. Godmode works fine, along with all the buttons, so I think it's a software thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm uploading a video now of the lack of control and the crashing. It just powers down when I try to play a DS game on it

2. Neosaurus_
    OP

Neosaurus_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    United Kingdom
    bump

3. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    If it powers down when you try and play a DS game, start off by following https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting,
    DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide.

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    When playing DS games does it bug out? I wanna make sure this is related to the arm11 cpu.