My 3DS asked for an update today... Now it Doesn't turn on anymore

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AndreCasarini, Feb 16, 2017.

1. AndreCasarini
    OP

AndreCasarini Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    Brazil
    So I have a custom firmware running on my 3DS for quite some time now.
    I followed Plailect Guide before it moved to the propietary 3DS-GUIDE, and using Browserhax, I never "upgraded" my CFW, so my 3DS does not turn on without an SD Card plugged on, and I know this is not needed anymore, but still didn't try updating anyting.
    My CFW is A9LH, with LUMA 5.5 running on it.
    So today I was playing the new Monster Hunter XX Demo, and I was taken to the e-shop, and asked to do a system update, I did, and when the 3DS restarted it was stuck on a black screen.
    If I boot the system up while holding Select I can boot into Luma config screen, I tried booting into other payloads but was unsuccessful.

I do not have a recent backup of the SD, so I'm quite desperate... Did I lose my console? Is there something I can do? Any help will be appreciated, I'm really desperate. Thanks in Advance everyone.

2. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Update Luma to latest stable at least: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

You can also look for nightly builds, some people host them.

3. SyntaxError

SyntaxError Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I would try updating Luma3DS.
    Download the latest version of Luma below.
    https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.6
    Simply drag and drop the "arm9loaderhax.bin" file from the archive you downloaded to the root of your SD card. Override the file that is already there.

4. AndreCasarini
    OP

AndreCasarini Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    Brazil
    Thanks a lot to Both of you, this solved the problem, going to set up LumaUpdater so this doesn't happen anymore.

5. vinstage

vinstage ラメ?

Jan 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Surprised you didn't install LumaUpdater originally, as it's highly recommended near the end where you're injecting FBI n stuff...basically at the clean up point.

Quantumcat and Meliodas2255 like this.
  6. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 28, 2013
    Canada
    In earlier versions of the guide, LumaUpdater didn't exist/wasn't included.

7. vinstage

vinstage ラメ?

Jan 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I decided to point it out, I installed my CFW on 11.2 so there's some things I may not know.